Remove Elite Army tactics from the Mongols!

Because of this technology, the Mongol civilization lost its main strength.
This civilization focuses on cavalry, not infantry!!!
Again, this upgrade is making infantry units super strong against Keshik. Therefore, the Keshiks need a major buff to their stats. Keshiks cannot compete with a sole Biology upgrade of 30% or 40%. They will be washed on the battlefield. Because of this change, they cannot counter infantry units effectively, and ranged units got buffed significantly which makes them completely useless against all their supposed counter units.
And in season 9, Keshiks will be the worst unit in the game!!!

If the devs won’t change this, the Mongols will be more and more of an infantry civ. It was never really a cavalry civilization from the start.

Thank you for ruining my ancestor’s main strength!!!
I will not play this game if the Mongol civ continues to not focus their cavalry. Mangudai was never enough and it is just the weakest of all cavalry archers in the game. Good job for being racist to us! Everything that is Asian or African has been a paper-like. This kind of mentality has always been endorsed by the AOE games and it continues to thrive. But on the other hand, everything is European is bulkier and stronger. And that is just being mean to the others. It is pure racism in the end.

Elite Army Tactics

• Cost increased from 300 food 700 gold → 500 food 1000 gold.
  • Effect changed from melee Infantry +20% health and +20% damage → +4 melee armor and +20% damage (including bonus damage).
    • Mongols Improved Elite Army Tactics cost adjusted to 1600 stone, +30% damage and +6 armor.

Biology

• Cost increased from 300 food 700 gold → 500 food 1000 gold.
  • Cavalry health increased from 20% → 30%.
  • Mongols Biology (Improved) Cost increased from 1000 → 1500 stone.
    • Grants 40% health to all Cavalry, 10% if Biology has already been researched.

Also mangudai deals lower damge to buildings i think all the archer arrows need to deal same damage when you get incendiary arrows.Like zhu go nu needs to deal 3 times of normal archer.

1 Like

Agree. There must be a better focus on cavalry.

1 Like

I think the devs also have to differentiate stone and wooden buildings enough so that it is resistant and not resistant to incendiary ranged damage.

Yep, when Mangudai got buffed, all other ranged units were also buffed significantly, making the Mangudai still the worst cav archer.

Keshik is a trash unit already, and when season 9 launches, spearmen will be so tanky and MAA will be too tanky for Keshiks because they have low damage. It will need more hits and time.
Everything will counter Keshiks

No, AOE4 is not balanced that way.

In AOE4, all civilizations are equal with additional advantages. It’s always about adding something to a civilization, not removing anything from them.

So, the Mongols will have everything that other civilizations have, plus something that makes them unique and powerful.

1 Like

Well, there must be a way. Nowadays, mongols don’t feel like a cavalry civ. The early barracks+spearman and the posibility to create x2 units (obviously cheaper than cavalry), the speed attack buff from Kahn (that affects archers too), the Kahns Hunter and the technology that allows you to created Mangonels on the field, make Mongols a good infantry civ.
Actually, when I really want to destroy someone, I prefer going infantry with Mongols. I use cavalry only when I want to gain some time for a 2nd TC or to go FC. It’s not like French, that you always use cavalry.

1 Like

It can be removed but it needs to buff Cavalry to compensate, and mongols GERS have too much bugs, same with the gold landmark, they keep making villagers idle

atm theres no difference with other Civs, no cav bonus except yam network with 15% speed on outpost

2 Likes

That is the worst thing that is happening to this game

Yep, all the Yam and Kurultai aura gives its bonus auro to all types of units and training cavalry is not the best option for the Mongols. All of its bonuses apply to infantry and that is the biggest problem.

Thanks for supporting to make the Mongols a true cavalry civ!