Remove player-visibility in Lobby

Please make lobbies in auto-matches (quicksearch and ranked) anonymous.
You should not be able to see who is playing in enemy team and you should not be able to see his match history, ranks and placements of the last seasons.

This encourages doding matches and also makes people counterpick other players who main 1 or 2 civ.

Please address.

1 Like

@Devs
Any feedback/statement?

To the players:
Here is a poll, so the Devs can get an idea, what the players want.

• [Ranked 1v1] Lobbies should be anonymous
  • [Ranked 1v1] Lobbies should NOT be anonymous
  • [Ranked Team] Lobbies should be anonymous
  • [Ranked Team] Lobbies should NOT be anonymous
  • [QM 1v1] Lobbies should be anonymous
  • [QM 1v1] Lobbies should NOT be anonymous
  • [QM Team] Lobbies should be anonymous
  • [QM Team] Lobbies should NOT be anonymous
  • You should generally be able to dodge a match in lobby after seeing the map
  • You should generally NOT be able to dodge a match in lobby after seeing the map
0 voters

You can alreasy hide your match history so they cant see what you play nor vs who. But hiding your rank??? The whole point of a rank match is rank??? That doesn’t make sense to hide this IN RANK matches.

Dodgers should get timed out, that’s all.

Well, people can click on your profile in the lobby, which shouldn’t be the case.
Why would you wanna know what rank you are playing against/with? This leads to further doding.
You automatically get matched with people within your elo range.

When you see the name in the lobby, you can just type the name on aoe4world and check their stats and match-history in detail.
What civs they play, winrates, match duration and so on, even if they hide their match history in their profile.
This alone leads to heavy dodging and also unfair counterpicks.
If you see on aoe4 world that someone mains a civ, you can pick a hardcounter.
That shouldn’t be possible, you should NOT know what and who you are playing against.

Your logic is counterintuitive? If you trust the matchmaking system to match you with players in your elo range (a range presumptively respected by the players) then why would ppl dodge players of their “same” rank???

You want to hide ranks because you KNOW the system does NOT always match ppl within a respectable rank range, aka a conq3 vs a plat 2… but the problem i believe you’re sidestepping with your proposed solution is a conq3 doesnt want to seriously play against a plat2 anymore than the plat2 want to play seriously against the conq3. Its likely gonna be an extremely disappointing matchup for both players!!

Next point: if you’re a one civ, one trick pony (like myself) that’s a counter pick opportunity you devised on your own self!!! Why do you supposed you’re owed some sort of mysticism in regards to what civ you’re gonna pick, when you only play Eng? Put like this instead. If we match-up 5 times and each time you picked eng, then we get match-up a 6th time? Am I supposed to ignore the 5 previous encounters and blindly pick a civ and hope it just so happens to matchup well vs whatsoever you will pick?

I will concede to this nuisance; the ideal balance should NOT have egregious match-up as bad as 7-3. But 50-50s and hopefully 56-44s at worst.

1 Like

It can only be good if first, they solve the problems of smurfs and hackers, it’s very common to find opponents that have new accounts and almost 100% win rate (Almost sure this is a smurf), and guys that have finished all season in very low rank and in the current one they are Conquers with a very high win rate (great chance to be using hack).

Relic/WE should just finally disable steam library sharing…
Problem solved.

In AoE 2 and 3 DE, you don’t see who you’re playing against before the game actually loads, so if you dodge, you will loose Elo.
Since all three games use the same matchmaking system provided by Relic, I wonder why 4 goes for a different approach.

2 Likes