Remove/Temp. ban players who have very low fps in TG for 5 min+

yes but there is no reason for the op to bash people that got this problem

also in their defense and i know there is the benchmark to test

but sometimes bad iternet happens its not like they would do it intentionally

Well since the new update benchmarks mean very little. You can be 200 points above minimum and still have a horrible fps. A large amount of people already complained that their fps is super bad from the day the patch was released. In my case for instance, 1v1 isn’t playable when both players are at pop cap and 2v2 gets unplayable from from late feudal/early castle age. Never had issues before unless playing 3v3 in late imp. The hotfix actually fixed nothing. You shouldn’t blame (and even worse) punish players for MS being sloppy regarding game performance after updates.

1 Like

When I see someone with a yellow clock in a ranked 3v3 game right at the beginning, I seriously ask myself: how the hell did that guy pass the benchmark test? Usually there’s nothing left for me to do except to immediately surrender and search for a new game because I know that guy is going to turn into a red clock not much later. And this is simply not fun for me to play.

There are a couple of things the devs should do concerning ranked:

• Since performance changes from patch to patch, it should be obligatory to retake the benchmark test after every major update (which is like once a month). This will also allow new players to join ranked in case they didn’t pass the test before and forgot all about it.
  • Fix methods to outsmart the benchmark test, I am sure there are some
  • Increase the required score depending on the number of participating players, e.g: 900 for 1v1, 1000 for 2v2, 1100 for 3v3 and 4v4
  • Make an internet connection check before every game. A Chinese having to connect to a European server will always make the game laggy. This just shouldn’t be possible. As much as I like meeting people from far far away, the technology just isn’t ready yet. Let the Chinese play vs other Asian nations only and same for Europeans/Americans.

Players with bad PC/internet connection will still be able to play Quickplay or Lobby games, so I don’t see much of a problem here. Unfortunately, as long as the devs can’t fix the performance dependent game speed, ranked is the only mode where you can actually enjoy lag-free games to a certain degree. Anyone who has played multiplayer for a long period of time and goes back to singleplayer immediately thinks “oh wow THIS is smooooth”. It’s sad that the multiplayer is not.

The big one would be control of the zoom level. One option would be to always run the benchmark fully zoomed out, but people might complain if that means they can’t pass the benchmark when they can pass it more zoomed in. It’s a bit of dev work, but another option would be to limit the zoom level when playing ranked to the level set in the settings, so if you pass the benchmark at e.g. 50%, that becomes your maximum zoom while playing ranked. There would need to be a clear text explanation of this on the settings page to avoid confusion. Best of all would be to have 2 zoom settings - initial zoom and maximum zoom, and the benchmark would run at the maximum zoom setting.

pretty ez: people with bad pcs tend to do the benchmark test with the lowest resolution possible, pass it, then switch back to normal and queue for ranked.
the solutions is: you must play in ranked with the resolution you used to pass the test

In that case, just reset the benchmark score whenever you change a setting in the “Graphics”-tab. Also make it impossible to change graphics setting during a ranked match (in case some people wanna launch the game in 640x480 and then switch to 1920x1080 midmatch).

I agree with that idea to game people who game the system.

@fliger5 Your idea is also great. Since there’s always people complaining, compromise must have been made.

I strongly disagree with that.

Simply just look at what anniversary did to so many users, i get yellow clock and even red, while my fps and ping are fine, it never happened before.

Alternative i had suggested to increase the benchmark score for 3x3 and 4x4 to be close to 1200, that would be fair for most players.

benchmark test/resolution exploit is basically worthless when compared to changing cpu frequency mid way through game. this game got so much problem that someone can lag you purposely by messing around their PC, they really need to have the lagger lag themselves with the throttled animation instead of throttling everyones animation.

Just after the update it was horrible. But then they came with a Hotfix that fixed a lot of problems. That is my experience. When hosting unranked games, It would really be helpfull to see other players ping and avrage fps. Thanx “We love this game”