Rename of African Units Upgrades / Renombrar las mejoras de Unidades Africanas

Introduction

Hello, AOE Community.

Today I want to talk to you about an issue, since the new DLC The African Kingdoms came out, I have noticed the name of the African units when they are upgraded or leveled up, which I wondered… Why are they named the same as Native Americans?

That’s right I mean the names; elite, champion and legendary.

Frankly, the first thing that came to my mind is that they simply ran out of ideas, or that since Africans are more primitive, they are similar to native Americans. I even consider the latter a lack of respect, but it’s just my opinion, and I’m not sure if they did it for that.

For which I myself have searched for words, synonyms and the like, to those we have for the other units in the game.

Justification:

Since its inception and in the first expansions of AOE 3, they have changed the name of the unit improvements, for the new Civs, which I consider a total success, since it not only differentiates the civilizations culturally, it also gives them a sense of own identity, demographically and besides that aesthetically it looks prettier, because there is more variety.

Proposal:

Research some words that could substitute for African unit upgrades.

These are my ideas:

Elite = Skilled, Brave, Superior

Champion = Heroic, Valerous, Venerable

Legendary = Epic, Mythical

Note: This obviously also includes native Africans (Acans, Sudanese, Somalis, etc.)

Conclusion:

Personally I’m sure it would be better, but what do you think?

If you have other ideas I invite you to share them, thank you for reading. :slightly_smiling_face:

--------------------------------------------------------- Español ---------------------------------------------------------

Introducción:

Hola, Comunidad de AOE.

Hoy quiero hablar con ustedes un asunto, desdé que salió el nuevo DLC The African Kingdoms, me he fijado en el nombre de las unidades africanas cuando se les mejora o suben de nivel, lo cual me pregunté… ¿Por qué se nombran igual que los nativos americanos?

Así es me refiero a los nombres; elite, campeón y legendario.

Francamente lo primero que me vino a la mente, es que simplemente se quedaron sin ideas, o que como son más primitivos los africanos, estos son similares a los nativos de américa. Esto último lo considero incluso, una falta de respeto, pero es solo mi opinión, y no estoy seguro si lo hicieron por eso.

Por lo cual yo mismo he buscado palabras, sinónimos y semejantes, a los que tenemos para las otras unidades del juego.

Justificación:

Desde sus inicios y en las primeras expansiones del AOE 3, estos han cambiado el nombre de las mejoras de unidades, para las nuevas Civs, lo que considero un acierto total, ya que no solo diferencia las civilizaciones culturalmente, también les da un sentido de identidad propia, demográficamente y además de que estéticamente se mira más bonito, porque hay más variedad.

Propuesta:

Investigue algunas palabras que podrían sustituir las mejoras de las unidades africanas.

Estas son mis ideas:

Elite = Hábil, Bravo, Superior

Campeón = Heroico, Valeroso, Venerable

Legendario = Épico, Mítico

Nota: Obviamente esto también incluye a los nativos africanos (Acanos, Sudaneses, Somalíes, etc…)

Conclusión:

Personalmente estoy seguro que quedaría mejor, pero ¿qué les parece?

Si tienen otras ideas los invito a que las compartan, gracias a ustedes por leer. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It would be nice but I dont think that elite and campeon are bad words, maybe legendary…

Pd: you dont need to write in Spanish, others can translate the posts to english with a button in the forums. Spanish is enough important to have this unlike greece or other languages unfortunately.

1 Like

I think its more that so far, the other expansion types have unique name system.

Native americans have the elite, champ, legend system

Asian civ have the disciplined, honoured and exalted

so to give a bit of flavour there might be a seperate naming system for their upgrades for the african civs

1 Like