Replay does not work

Game Version: 101.101.35584.0

• Build (4714640)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

Replays do not save the entire game, and instead only save up to around 1 hour.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Select the record game option.
  2. Play a really long 4v4 Black Forest.
  3. Watch the replay.
  4. Be sad because your awesome game stopped recording at 1 hour.

Have you also tried to watch replays pre-dating the February patch?
I can’t make them go further than 17 seconds game time though they ran fine before.
Those problems could be related…

same problem here
very annoying

I’m done playing this man, when you think the game can’t be worse it continues to disappoint over and over and over and over. Why can’t we watch recorded games past the first person that resigns?

This bug isn’t even acknowledged in known-bugs and it’s been happening for over 2 months. So many epic replays, especially the FFA ones, are LOST! And the devs continue not caring at all! It’s ridiculous, this is the most frustrating gaming experience ever, and you know it will be continue to get neglected.

Game Version:

• Build (101.101.35584.0)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

Can’t watch recorded games past the first person resigning.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Grab a rec
  2. As soon as 1 player resigns it stops

Please find the reply of one of the developers here:

1 Like

Game Version: 101.101.35584.0

• Build 4714640
  • Platform - Steam

Issue:

When downloading other player’s recorded games, the recorded file starts running but after some seconds of gameplay, it stops, as if the game had finished. My games can be watched as a whole, though.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Open “Save and Recorded Games”
  2. Choose another player’s game
  3. Play replay file
  4. Game opens normally
  5. After 10~15 seconds, game is over.

same happening (useless comment but that happen to me to)

That means that the replay was played on a previous patch. All updates/hotfixes will break recoreded games.

1 Like

AHHHH, that might be it then

[Moved] Long played games stop to record replays

Game Version

• Build : 35584
  • Platform : Steam

Reproduction Steps

1. I do not know exactly but it is about 5 or 6 hours.
  2. You do not actually need to play the game for 6 hours. You can pause the game at any point for 6 hours and the game will stop to record.
  3. This is a replay file will stop at 41:18 for no reason.
    http://blogattach.naver.com/cb5ed764742b2ff3dc315c6b50b7c9b21747b559e7/20200315_78_blogfile/generallsj_1584243269382_38JiU6_aoe2record/SP+Replay+v101.101.35584.0+%402020.03.14+204434+Bukhara+Start+001506+End+004118.aoe2record?type=attachment
  4. It happens regardless of it is campaign or standard game.
  5. Save and load does not break the stack.
  6. It does not happen in original AOE2.
1 Like

we are in may and the problem still not solved…
I played 5 maps with a friends before one update and the recorded game stop until 20 sec of the game…

me too, all of my multiplayer replay can only play the first 10 sec and then end of the game.
no idea whats happening… any bug-fixed?

I played one ranked match 2 days ago, and im trying to watch the replay, it stops on 10minutes…
its a ranked 1vs1 arena, no one left. no idea why the replay is ending :frowning: really sad i wanted to watch this so bad.

New patches break previous recs every time. There is no way around that until devs give us the option to roll back to previous patch.

1 Like

@TriRem So is my replay save file still ok? Should i save it until there is a way around?

It’ll be nice if this is somehow taken care of in capture age :slight_smile:

Hi
I have a problem with the repetition of a game, i cant see the total of the repetititon. The game stop near the minute 9. I tried checking the integrity of the game but the problem still there, some of you had the same problem? I tried with different repetitions and had the same problem, this problem start with the new patch but i had the problem too with repetitions before the patch.

Sorry for my english.

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 101.101.37906.0 5105673
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

I cant watch old replays from a previous version of the game. My sister is entering in the community and want to play the game, i wanted to send her some of my replays and neither me or her can watch, since they are on a previous version of the game.

What are the replays use for if they last only one month ?
How can the community grow if replays are useless ?

Seriously…

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

List the steps to reproduce the issue... Be descriptive!
  1. Load any game replay older than 27th May