Replay or spectate games stuck on Gaïa's view and I can't interact with anything

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 10078593
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Since a few days whenever I try to replay a game (any type of game) or even spectate a live game, it is stuck on Gaïa’s point of view and I can’t event exit the replay, I have to Alt+F4. When I click on buildings, trees or anything else in the game I visualise its informations for a few miliseconds then it disappears as if someone was spam clicking somewhere else.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I replay (but it works fine on my 2nd steam account on the same computer)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Replay a game (old or recent one)
  2. Wait for 2s
  3. Stuck on Gaïa’s view and can’t exit the replay

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

I should be able to select other players view and be able to click on the menu button

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

I circled in RED the only parts of the screen I can interact with

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

It doesn’t seem to be linked to the game file as the replay works well for the person I was playing with

Hello @EhBahSuper
Can you try disabling your mods and restarting the game?

Thanks for the report!

Hi, thank you for your answer but it’s still the same even after disabling all the mods and restarting the game.

Did your game generated minidump files?
You can find them here:
C:\Users\USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs
and have this format:
AoE2DESteam-58115-2022.01.19-15.05.33.mdmp

No, the last mdmp file I have was generated on november

Fun fact, the bug appears only when I start to move my mouse. Then if I just spectate a replay or game without moving my mouse, everything seems to work fine, but as soon as I move a little bit my mouse (or use my pad), the view switches to Gaïa and everything else is locked.