[Request] Patch back single player spectating

This is really a minor issue but it would be nice if spectating in single player matches would be possible again.

1 Like

How did it work?
20 chars

1 Like

Go to the lobby and make a room and just play against AI without other humans. And you can be spectated.

There was a slot instead of picking a civ you choose “Spectator”

You can’t start a game without a player as far as I know.

Well, in the past you could also start a game as spectator with 2 AI fighting against each other.

I also want the spectator mode back.
It would be very useful when we play with friends against each other and some just want to spectate…

1 Like

If this is the idea, than i understand the question. This was not clear to me in the first post.

I am not really into AI vs AI games, but if it is popular to watch, why not?

1 Like

So you can watch AI vs AI? That’s actually rad if we can see Alpha Star in DE :smiley:

2 Likes

I can easily spectate AI vs AI games (even with 8 AI players) simply by assigning AI to my slot. I can switch between different AI players perspectives with CTRL + SHIFT + F1/F2/F3… If I want to see whole map then I use marco + polo cheat codes. I can even issue actions myself from the perspective of the currently selected AI player.

2 Likes

Yup, that’s how you do it. Only things that are lacking is a few of the spectator tools and the ability to do that on multiplayer, so you can spectate paired with others.

1 Like

There should be a more elegant way to see the whole map though.

Thank you :smile: