[REQUEST] Port AOE1:DE to the engine of AOE2:DE

You have a great love for age 1, just like me. But MS seems no longer interested in developing it, we are always trying to develop the community on our own. If possible mod, please help us have an audience mode like the existing aoe2 de side.

4 Likes

Hi guys. I converted some buildings in the 4x size but when I put them into a data mod format they crash my game. Is the 2x format good enough for UHD quality resolutions? What resizing is required in the SLX Studio? 100% size is ok?

2 Likes

Yeah, vegetable plot is the right term, I guess. A farm is something bigger and more complex than a couple of plants on the ground.

1 Like

Can you teach me how to add/replace unit icons in AoE:DE?

1 Like

Hi SlenderBadger, PM me?

1 Like

If interested in participating into modding AOE1 into AOE2 engine send me a pm

14 Likes

Wow, looks amazing… Assuming development is complete, could this mod be downloaded as a set of custom scenarios with which to play custom games? I wish I could play random/custom games with AoE2: DE eventually.

Second question: is it easier to bring Age 1 to Age 2 than the other way around? (I’m not exactly a modder for AoE1 nor 2, hence I ask)

1 Like

What I’m doing is bringing Age 1 to Age 2, but it won’t be exactly Age 1, but Age 2 set in antiquity. Age 2 engine is better I think, the scenario editor is more complex. When finished will be a total conversion mod, that will allow any user to create scenarios. As you can see I’ve added a castle for Roman set (will be renamed as fortress), will also add gates. Also civs like celts, germanics, huns, goths will be included

5 Likes

I agree. Age of Empires II Definitive Edition is an incredible improvement upon the 2013 game with all its user friendliness, shortcuts, new features and the list could go on and on. I also have AOE I Definitive but I can’t play it for long because it is just too basic in comparison.

I would even buy a paid expansion for AOE II Definitive Edition with new campaigns based on the ideas of AOE I, maybe also add the civilizations since AOE II can also include some ancient civilizations.

5 Likes

The Germanic warlord Odoacer deposes the last Western Roman Emperor Romulus Augustulus, bringing an end to 1,228 years of Roman rule, seizing the imperial regalia and sending the Emperor into exile…

9 Likes

WIP Celt village using AOE1 textures.

Anyone interested in joining the modding discussion, you can join our slack group with this link
https://join.slack.com/t/aoe2modding/shared_invite/zt-e1ki1kn6-CKYX5vywgRI765TYG7GXFQ

8 Likes

I love you all guys, that look awesome, it was years that I was waiting for something like that, let’s hope that microsoft and FE consider you.

6 Likes

Hi! Please reupload the link!!

I love your work guys!!

2 Likes

If we have a few of the suggested features mentioned above by OP next year, that would be the best anniversary update. Consider having some new content even if quarterly for this gem of masterpiece.

4 Likes

I would love it if it was ported to the AoE: II DE engine but there is a better way, they could make a new engine. That would be better because that will give performance improvements, help keep the game’s soul intact and finally stop the bugs.

3 Likes

On second thought, I would prefer if they used the original engine, they should just iron out the bugs.

Very good Idea. The aoe2DE engine is muchas more friendly to play.

4 Likes

They use the old engine. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

They love making new content for AoE2, right?
They should just add all AoE1 content as a DLC to AoE2.

4 Likes

It would be very beneficial to upgrade the engine, but I think it hasn’t been done because it’s extremely hard or tirening, and Microsoft doesn’t seem to want to invest that much time nor money on the game :broken_heart:

2 Likes