Requesting ability to change the font size for in-game text

@Yelnoc19 In your case the GeForce 9800 GTX does not have full DirectX 11 support. I would advise you to buy other videocard. So @CheeseOnToast was on right on spot here.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/502063/geforce-9800-gtx-direct-x-11/

@PCS70 said:
@Yelnoc19 In your case the GeForce 9800 GTX does not have full DirectX 11 support. I would advise you to buy other videocard. So @CheeseOnToast was on right on spot here.

Thanks - I don’t want to play the game enough to buy a new video card since everything else I play runs very well. Its a old rig that has stood the test of time for the most part and would handle plenty of the better cards. If it were a really new game maybe. So thanks again to all that helped.

@Yelnoc19 Any second hand Kepler Nvidia card will do it, look at models of the 700 series.

@PCS70 said:
@Yelnoc19 Any second hand Kepler Nvidia card will do it, look at models of the 700 series.

Thanks -will look around

@PCS70 said:

would this work - reasonable price and I guess its time to blow out the dust EVGA - NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card

@Yelnoc19 said:

@PCS70 said:

would this work - reasonable price and I guess its time to blow out the dust EVGA - NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card

This card should work well and it’s a silent model so ideal for quiet gaming in the living room.

The performance compared versus my 760M (laptop) which has a dedicated cooler:

My 760M did get overheated leading to a crash (experienced this 2 times) while playing so I enabled the 30 FPS limit through options → settings. You don’t need more FPS for a game like this anyway. I would recommend activating this option when using any videocard without dedicated cooling and on most laptops.
I think they should enable this option on by default. Less crashes the merrier.

But, first check if your mainboard supports PCI-E 3.0, because if it doesn’t you buy it for nothing.

This card should work well and it’s a silent model so ideal for quiet gaming in the living room.

The performance compared versus my 760M (laptop) which has a dedicated cooler:
UserBenchmark: Nvidia GT 1030 vs GTX 760M

My 760M did get overheated leading to a crash (experienced this 2 times) while playing so I enabled the 30 FPS limit through options → settings. You don’t need more FPS for a game like this anyway. I would recommend activating this option when using any videocard without dedicated cooling and on most laptops.
I think they should enable this option on by default. Less crashes the merrier.

But, first check if your mainboard supports PCI-E 3.0, because if it doesn’t you buy it for nothing.

MB old EVGA X58 SLI supports PCI-E 2 and 3 is supposed to be backwards compatible. I have some Best Buy gift cards and might give it a go. Thank you!!!

@PCS70 said:
It does make it bigger though. The problem here I think is that the 65" 4K OLED screen does not support transparency very well delivered by the video output. The filling of the font is gone which makes it very unclear to read. This might be a specific problem using OLED screens in general. Black is black which means whole pixel off with OLED and every pixel is controlled separately by the hard and software integrated in the screen which control things like transparency. So many different things can be the issue here.

How do other games work on this screen?

Every other game I play, including numerous strategy games like StarCraft Remastered, StarCraft 2, the recently updated Warcraft 3, and the list goes on. This is literally the only game that is doing this, and that includes numerous other games from just about every genre under the sun. Thank you, for asking though!!

Btw, for anyone interested, my Alienware 17 is running a GTX780M, 32GB of RAM (used to run a bunch of VMs for work), and an I7-4800MQ 2.7ghz, and I have yet to find a game that is unplayable, and it runs this game great, with the obvious exception of the text size in the onscreen pop-ups.

@BA0701 Is it still too small if you change UI scale to 150% on your 65" 4K screen. If that is the case maybe they could change this too 250% max otherwise you really need to rearrange your livingroom. :smiley: :wink:

I have added some screenshots from my 24" Full HD monitor while changing the UI scale. The pop-ups do change as you can see.

Off-topic: Are you running Hyper-V or other hypervisor btw?

I also see some issues with transparency.

@PCS70 said:
@BA0701 Is it still too small if you change UI scale to 150% on your 65" 4K screen. If that is the case maybe they could change this too 250% max otherwise you really need to rearrange your livingroom. :smiley: :wink:

I have added some screenshots from my 24" Full HD monitor while changing the UI scale. The pop-ups do change as you can see.

Off-topic: Are you running Hyper-V or other hypervisor btw?
@PCS70 - Yes, I have changed the UI up to 150%, and it is still unreadable for me. Unfortunately, changing the living room around is not an option, it is in a Bonus Room, sitting on a sectional :(. Yes, I see them change in size, as you have demonstrated, but still unable to read them. I agree with you, perhaps allowing us to change the setting to 250% might just be the ticket. I am all in for whatever it takes to allow me to play this game, really feel like I am missing out on something really good right now.

how do i change my text font size?

i go to settings > display > font size

if i change that value it makes my menu items bigger or smaller, and the items listed in my hub bigger or smaller, but when i open up a text to read it, that text remains the same size and does not change?

i could change the text size and FONT on my blackberry curve and bold
surely it must be possible on my classic?

@CloggedImpala95 said:
how do i change my text font size?

i go to settings > display > font size

if i change that value it makes my menu items bigger or smaller, and the items listed in my hub bigger or smaller, but when i open up a text to read it, that text remains the same size and does not change?

i could change the text size and FONT on my blackberry curve and bold
surely it must be possible on my classic?

For that you will have to adjust the scaling factor from 100% to something higher (125% up to 175%), but most times this will not have any influence on the text size in game.

you should be able to customize all UI elements with different sizes, for example top bar in 50% minimap 125% ingame text 100% central bar 70% etc.

Full control over ui elements would be great.

Currently there’s the option in settings, which could possibly have a higher number.

You can also change your windows scaling - this will scale everything, at the expense of making the game seem slightly blurred as it’s not on native res. I didn’t have mouse wheel scroll at that time I had it at 150%, so maybe it could zoom out to be crisp again while retaining the ui zoom

same with me

Not sure this is correct, I am having same issues while my Intel HD4000 has full DX11 support. (I know it’s intel and it is crap GPU)

2 Likes

Yet, it doesn’t support DirectX 11.1 (11_1 feature level). The HD4000 is really on the lowest requirements, actually too low especially with just 4 GB ram. You probably are limited to 1377x768 and 2x zoom. My integrated GPU is HD4600 which does support DirectX 11.1 functionalities, but I also have the GeForce 760M which does support DirectX 11.1 too.

2 Likes