Research Plan: Proto Unit Command Not Working

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 13.9057
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

New AI command research plan constant “cResearchPlanProtoUnitCommandID” does not seem to be functioning, specifically with regards to “researching” lombard investments. I used the developer’s utility function createProtoUnitCommandResearchPlan(…) to attempt to have the Italian AI invest some food to no avail. It has not worked at all. I used the Proto Unit Command named “cProtoUnitCommanddeInvestFood” to be researched at a Lombard.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Paste the following command somewhere that the Italian AI will execute it:
int lombardID = getUnit(cUnitTypedeLombard);
if (lombardID >= 0)
	createProtoUnitCommandResearchPlan(cProtoUnitCommanddeInvestFood, lombardID, cRootEscrowID, 99, 99);
  1. Enable Debugging or use aiChat to confirm the the AI has created the plan.
  2. Monitor in game, you will see that the Italian AI will never invest food via this command.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

I expected the Italian AI to invest food via this protounit command variable for a research plan.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Enable debugging and you will find that the AI successfully creates a plan, although it does nothing and seems to disappear as if it has succeeded. Perhaps the AI thinks the plan is finished, but nothing occurs at the Lombard.

1 Like