Resign counts as leave game (penalty received)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.54684.0 7486483
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam /
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Resign counts as leave game

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Resign
  2. Leave game
  3. Count as leave (penalty)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

1. Resign
  2. Leave game
  3. Don’t count as leave (penalty)

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

Processing: MP Replay v101.101.54684.0 @2021.11.02 115111 (2).aoe2record…

This is unacceptable. If you want me to play your game, don’t punish people for doing the correct thing. If this continues I will stop playing AoE2:DE and make a switch to AoE4.

This is working exactly as designed. When you leave early (Alt-F4 or resign), you waste everyone else’s time. Given that you now have a 30 minute delay, you have already done this multiple times.

Be more considerate of your teammates and play the best you can on whatever maps or circumstances you find yourself in. Or, just play unranked or against the computer.

5 Likes

Next time just wait 5 minutes before resigning and you’ll be good. The system is so broken right now that you need to know that anyway just to play regular TGs. But even with that you’ll still get the penalty from time to time due to server crashes.

And yes this is a stupid change but according to the forum math experts, implementing unlimited bans would make queue times too long, as if timing out innocent people and relegating ~30% of the ranked playerbase to the lobby wasn’t already causing that. But hey, the ranked is very smooth now, at least that’s what I read on this forum, among the gazillion posts of people saying they got TO’d for stupid reasons.

Thats exactly what they want. Move to aoe4 and buy a new game and $$ while screw this one up as much as possible lol.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you are talking about RobotRoom. This is in a 1 vs 1 situation where I’ve played for about 30 minutes and resign because I’m because respectful since I lost and it would be considered toxic if I don’t resign. Also, I have NO idea where you got the information that it’s a team game? Just ranked 1vs1 man.

I am baffled by your assumptions. So annoyed.

Your reaction was weird and unnecessary in my opinion.

I already switched to AoE4.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

So you complain about their systems in aoe2 and then give them 60€ xD

2 Likes

Not the same developers, but ok edgy boy.

if your team regign and u resign after them u get the ban anyways.

This is a known issue and we are working on fixing it. Sorry for the troubles, have a nice day

1 Like

Hi, I just started playing a game. Then one of my teammates quit. No point in playing on, so I resigned. Now it says I have to wait 2 hours to play again. I’ve never gotten a warning before, and now a 2-hour delay? On the plus side, it will encourage me to do other things with my time, which I shouldn’t be wasting.

I guess the alternative is to just find a way to be defeated quickly instead of resigning.

I think resigning should be the legitimate way of quitting the game. It brings its consequences in ELO loss and negative win/lose ratio. Why also adding time out? I mean resigning is the most natural end of the match and I can be perfectly aware it is time to resign on minute 3 or 4. For example if I lose 2 villagers and kill both boars with the TC. Why should I just hang there a couple of more minutes just to resign later?

Resigning in the first couple of minutes kinda rewards people that only like to play particular maps in ranked. That is:

• They don’t have to play a map they don’t like
  • The get to play an easier opponent on a map they do like as their ELO is artificially lower than their actual skill due to quick resigns.

The developers are trying to prevent opponents from having to suffer from waiting longer in the queue due to bad actors. The early resigns get both a time-penalty and ELO penalty. If the early resigns wait 5 minutes, they still get a time-penalty (had to wait 5 minutes to resign) and the ELO penalty.

It has been 7 months since this bug is reported, and it still occurs. Imo, it is a serious bug because sometimes the game itself drops and everybody gets a penalty or somebody resigns and other players wait 5 min to leave in order not to get a penalty. Can you fix this as soon as possible, please?

Hey Jsennin,

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you, and some others.
The issue is still being tracked.