Resource gathering Bug

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 46295.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

I’ve noticed, that villagers are not delivering the full amount of resources. In the video i’ve linked, you can see, that the villager has gathered 2 Stone, you can see on the stone-pile and the villager. At the end, you can see that only 1 stone was delivered.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a game
  2. Let the villager gather resources

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The full amount of Resources.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai7huIvZuUGpkO4WD-8GbwXJF7CAwg?e=cMZe3M

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

2 Likes

Have you tested what would happen if you mine the whole pile down, if you get the full 350? Migth be due to some rounding issues: the stone pile has lost 1.9 stone for example, therefore it shows 348 while it actually is still at 348.1. Villager carries 1.9 stone, is rounded up to 2 shown ress. Villager delivers and you have 201.9 stone in your global storage, makes sense to then show only 201, since anything that would cost 202 stone is not affordable for you, only questionable point here is to round up the stone that the vill is carrying imho.
This is more a theory by myself than known stuff, but I think I once already heard about some strange rounding of ress in aoe2. Correct me if I am wrong, but you migth want to try to reproduce this (should be easy, since you claim it happens every single game…) and then mine that pile completely and then look how much stone you got.

2 Likes

@FinalBucket3743 that’s a very logical explanation. Good suggestion!

I first noticed this occuring when trying the drush → fc crossbowmen buildorder.

It showed, that the villager has gathered 10 gold from the pile, i tasked the villager to build a barracks and a house and then tasked him to go back to the town-center. the villager only delivered 9 gold… i noticed it while clicking loom, it showed 49 gold instead of the needed 50 gold. as you can imagine, i rage-quitted :wink:

i watched the recording and noticed that it showed 10 gold but only delivered 9… maybe it is the mentioned round up problem… i can remember that this was a issue in an earlier patch and that this was fixed by the devs…

I will try and have a close look, maybe your explanation is right. thanks for the reply!

Ahh ok, did not know that something related to this already was fixed before. Well still a bug, but maybe an explanation then.
Just one more question: on the drush and loom game: did you task that vill away from the pile as soon as it showed 10 gold collected or did he go back at himself and you catched him while returning? I think this would be an even bigger problem if it would happen “automatically”

I tasked the villager after it showed 10 gold. I think this is the round up thing you mentioned :+1:

1 Like