Return of Rome Discussion

Venice Republic and Dubrovnik Republic (Croatian trade republic) they were a two most rivals in trade on Mediterranean Sea.

Late Medieval Croatians civ can based on Dubrovnik Republic.

1 Like

Hear about Genghis Khan building skull pyramids and Aztecs doing human sacrifices :

Some words can be found inside civ names :

2 Likes

Hititas jump scare!!!

(anyone could use the portuguese name of the civ)

research arson, +2 to all those torches

Calling them Hattusa should also work. That’s the name they gave themselves.

Else there is the option to call them 𒄩𒀜𒌅𒊭.
It would actually be cool to see names write in the native name and alphabet (with localised names in brackets).

I call them Hatti and so calm…

Well, the Ides of March has come and gone, and still no news…

Maybe they’re using the Julian Calendar?

7 Likes

My guess is it takes a lot more time than we think to implement all the aoe1 campaigns and that this is still ongoing. My guess is we need to wait until October.

The finals of the NAC4 tournament are later today.
https://www.ageofempires.com/news/nilis-apartment-cup-is-back-march-11th-19th/

Maybe they will announce something then.
But who knows. I wouldn’t bet on it.

That is a little pessimistic.
But on the other hand, I expected the release of the DLC by now and we haven’t heard anything at all yet.

4 Likes

It only happened once after I think the second or third Red Bull Wololo where they showed a trailer for Lords of the West, so it’s possible.

The question is who is the main target audience for RoR.
Old AoE1 fans, current AoE2 players or new players?

New players will likely not be very interested in RoR.
AoE1 fans won’t watch an AoE2 tournament.

The other question is how big is the overlap between AoE1 and AoE2 fans/players.
Do most people focus on one AoE title or do many play multiple?

2 Likes

Can you imagine?..Well then we have to wait until March 28…

Na, I don’t think we have to wait that long; if they did a closed beta a few months ago it shouldn’t be too long…

Maybe it’s an AoE 2 dlc to attract AoE 1 DE players are still in that game, plus more content for 2 DE…

Maybe not so much…I know AoE 1 players who play AoE 2 and AoE 2 players who play AoE 1…I couldn’t convince them to play AoE 3;so I guess there will be the fans who play the games more classics (AoE1-AoE2) that are the majority and then a minority of players who play the most modern games (AoM-AoE3-AoEO)…I consider AoE 4 a separate game, which has fans of other RTS like SC2 and CoH3…

1 Like

That was my favorite official scenario from Age1, tied with another one (called “I’ll be back,” maybe?) where you escaped from a mountain city and the “7 yellow priests” to find a gaia base from which you’d rebuild and destroy the original city. A little rusty as I’ve not touched it in 15 years or so. Apart from that, the best stuff IMO was by Ingo van Thiel.

The Prophecy states that the Dev Agents™ will scour the forums day and night for 1000 days,
until they have found the Chosen One who alone shall decide which civs are Worthy (and probably restore Balance).

Might I say, the irony is kind of fitting…

18 Likes

Maybe they just decided not to use the death date of someone for an announcement.

We’ll see if they will actually announce something on the tournament today.

Yeah, I have to say even if I don’t want them to rush the release, the lack of comunication is killing the hype for this dlc at the moment.
Well, at least we’re past the time when the community was tearing itself apart over how the AoE1 civs should be implemented, but I feel like we’ve reached a state of apathy that can’t be good for the future of the game.

9 Likes

possibly march 31st 11:59:59 PM

just 1… playable civ with Aoe2. I hope at the VERY least that its enabled for modders to play between aoe1/2 civs

This silence just scream “Bad DLC” for me, it’s like they’re afraid that DLC would be blasted to kingdom come if they’re to show it now. So, I’ll just keep my expectations as low as possible for now, for those who’re not patient enough for the DLC, go and play “Romae ad Bellum” mod.

5 Likes

Maybe they are not allowed to advertise it yet. Who knows.

1 Like

I think dev is struggling with the campaign, fixing bugs, and writing ai, and maybe it’s all stressing them out.

3 Likes

Even if they are struggling with campaigns or fixing some stuff, it doesn’t mean that they can’t show some screenshots how this new DLC is going to look like.

1 Like