Return of Rome Discussion

Finally, something more interesting is happening in AoE 2!

It is unknown if these achievements apply to RoR DLC, but most likely yes.

However, it seems to me that 36 new achievements for RoR DLC would be a small number of achievements after all. I would also prefer the achievements from the RoR DLC to be separate from AoE 2 (something like a separate game in the game?). It’s quite possible that these new achievements are part of a huge update that the developers have announced. It may also be that the work on RoR is too advanced and the developers have decided to release other DLCs for AoE 2 in the meantime - maybe those DLCs similar to Dynasties of India DLC.

1 Like

36 - 31 = 5

So 5 more achievements for potentially 2 new civs with campaign?

If that was the case, I wonder what would be the second civ that would accompany the Roman civ.

Yup. I haven’t seen them mentioning to put the AoE 1 campaigns into AoE 2 - maybe they’ll add them via mods?
AoE 2 style campaigns with AoE 1 civs also seem very likely.

Imagine if we got Nubians, Armenians or Vandals for aoe2, not only Romans. It would be the cherry on the top

8 Likes

That’s slightly inaccurate. The new civs usually have 3 campaign achievements rather than 2 (in addition to the one for completing the campaign), so it’s 6 achievements per civ.
In addition, “tain n unique units of civ X” isn’t systematic, aside from DoI we had several achievements for using new mechanics rather than recruiting units (see “Fast Food”: Gather 500 food by constructing farms next to Folwarks as the Poles), but this one doesn’t change the count.

campaign clear achievements = 3
campaign flavor achievements = 3 each = 9
First Civilization Victory achievements = 16(aoe1) + 1(aoe2 roman) =17
total 29
The remaining 7 should be some flavor achievements for new systems and civ such as trade in RoR

2 Likes

Ok, yes I think it’s valid… But it would be strange to me that they take so many months of silence to only put 3 new campaigns, the 16 civs of the multiplayer and already… now you tell me, 3 100% new campaigns, the 10 original campaigns of 1 DE (through mods or in a separate launcher) and the 16 civs of multiplayer, there I see it more feasible … but until they say anything… Well, we only have to debate in the clouds…

Nice !
I think this is the correct answer

Remember that originally Aoe 1 DE had 32 achievements and later another 12 was added.

Comparing to gamescore, it came from 1000 to 1250.

You know that Macedon were greek even when they invaded Persia, right? Greeks were under Alexander yoke and that was the Hellenic empire. Even Empire Earth feature Alexander the Great in battle of Issus and Gaugamela

You know that the Macedonians as a civ separated from the Greeks have been added to the game afterward, right?

3 Likes

You don’t say.
Stop starting sentence like I do.

I’ll take the risk of making you feel way too smart for your own good and admit I don’t see your point and I’m not sure you see any point either.

3 Likes

But considering the Macedons are already in the game, it would make more sense if you played as Macedons in the Alexander campaign, don’t you think?

2 Likes

It wasn’t the decision of the original devs when they made Wonder of the World in the greek campaign. Then, FE could have allowed us to play the remade Wonder of the World with Macedons instead of Greek, but it doesn’t matter now.

Well, it does matter now, we are getting a new DLC set in Antiquity that may include campaigns, either new ones or the old ones remade

1 Like

If you went back in time and told Ancient Greeks that Macedonians were Greek you probably would be in a ditch somewhere afterwards.

6 Likes

Hmm… there are 36 new achievements and 36 campaigns in AoE II DE, coincidence? I think it’s probably not RoR DLC just new achievements for completing those campaigns in hard difficulty or above.

1 Like

I really hope not
it would be very frustrating and the death of the total hype of the dlc

1 Like