Return of Rome DLC icon provenance

I think this should count as aoe2 content…

shang

3 Likes

I don’t recognize all the icons, but let me counterpoint some of them (anyone recognize these?):
menu_techtree_aztecs
menu_techtree_byzantines
menu_techtree_italians
menu_techtree_chinese
menu_techtree_japanese
Macedonians
menu_techtree_portuguese
cretans

5 Likes

I think some of the icons need some improvement, especially the Yamato one looks weird.

Choson one is kinda…I don’t want to say lazy but uh. It’s got a funny charm to it haha

I agree, some of them look a bit rushed.

I really like these!

No, it’s Republic and Empire. I grabbed the Rome at War icons for the civs I could recognize.

1 Like

I haven’t downloaded the mod, so I wouldn’t know.

Off topic, but it seems you where replying to a deleted comment of mine, but your post quotes the previous comment

Not sure why it did it like that, probably because it ignored the deleted post.

1 Like

@Nox11613, which ones do you want?

Hello TheConqueror753

I am currently looking for greek shield marks and Phoenician/Carthage ones.
the Athen, Spartan, and Minoan ones would be awesome.
I am busy on a Sicilian war campaign and some other stuff :slight_smile:
they are honestly the best ones I have seen so far after long hours of looking around.
Kind regards
Nox

I have icons for all the civs you mentioned, although in the context of Rome at War, it’s Cretans, rather than Minoans. Would you credit Rome at War and link to Spirit of the Law’s video or something in exchange?

1 Like

Hello TheConqueror753
I am even willing to add the maker(s) as a contributor to the workshop mod for the mod “campaign extended”.
Credits are always set up in a certain way. I will test a youtube hyperlink in the steam script and see how it works out or I will add the spirit of law video in the youtube videos and refer to it in the credits and with the name of the Rome at war mod. If the Rome at war mod is also on Moddb, I can recreate a hyperlink with pictures.

Cretans are fine too, I am also making a heroes’ journey campaign later and Theseus will be part of it.
Kind Regards
Nox

I don’t understand the icon of Minoans, an “8” shaped shield, typical to all of Bronze Age Greece (wall paintings with it have been found in Mycenae, Greece mainland, as well as in Knossos, Crete of course)…

…when “Horns of Consecration” & “Minoan double axe” exist:

Is this official? Like a leak?

Does Choson just reuse the AoE2 Koreans’ icon?

Yeah it’s a leak. And yes Koreans just reuse their AoE2 one.

They could at least do something else with a Taeguk design

It’s a common think to use old icons and assets in Betas.
That’s why there is an NDA so people out there don’t get the impression that the dev team is “lazy” because they can’t comprehend the simple concept that something unfinished might be unfinished.
Like seriously. People will treat anything work in progress as it if was already the release version and start complaining about it.
Or the other was round. If anything in the release version is different then in a Beta they will complaint too.
So better keep a close lid on anything unfinished.

1 Like