Reveal Map After Game Ends

One of the features I wish was part of Age of Empires: Definitive Edition is showing the full map without fog of war before being taken to the end stats screen. It gives players a chance to see how their opponent played so they can be more prepared for the next game.

8 Likes

You can select “All Visable” on the Reveal Map dropdown bar just before you start a game. It might be difficult convincing other players to agree to this though because most of us like the element of surprise. You can watch tons of AOE DE vids, my favorite uploaders are Soigia and Memo Ror. That way you can learn how they do it.

1 Like

So, I noticed this interesting feature in Age Of Empires 2 Definitive Edition, and I was thinking that it would also be nice if it was possible in this game too.

It may not seem like a big thing, but it’s actually useful to analyze statistics and how everything worked/didn’t work at the end. Also this is useful to appreciate the scenarios, specially those created for the campaigns or others by the community.

Cheers! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I would love to have an option to just keep looking at the map whenever the game ends, and then be able to go to the statistics screen or exit completely. Player’s choice is very important! :wink:

1 Like

Huh? This is exactly how it works though? You can scroll all over the map in multiplayer to check out the map after it’s over.

1 Like

Uhhm, yeah, but what about singleplayer? I don’t like to be forcibly taken from the map straight to the statistics screen without being asked first, like in AOE2:DE:

Every time a campaign scenario ends, I feel like I miss a lot of the details from the map, as I normally am not able to explore the whole thing. Would love to be able to see the entire map whenever I finish a mission, or simply leave it and go to the statistics screen.

What I ask for, is to have more control over the game’s features.