Right-click is broken in melee combat

I can’t agree here and find it to be a too big change for right-click.
Currently both right-click (except flocking bug) and attack-move can be used for group battles, but there are quite big differences between them. I quote differences I posted in other topic (patrol and attack-move are pretty analogous) and like you can see, there are quite a few of them.

So changing right-click behavior from single/group target to strictly single target would remove right-click specific group battle functionality from game and this would be a serious loss for people like me, who prefer it.

I personally have not had too much trouble with attacking specific targets with right-click, but if very strict specific-target attack functionality is needed, then it might perhaps be added to the game with double-right-click. So single-right-click would issue a more relaxed group target attacking behavior, while double-right-click would issue strict single target attacking behavior.

For me it is important. Everyone probably has some parts of the game, that are valuable to him and which he would like to remain unchanged. IMO remaster shouldn’t radically change gameplay aspects, especially core aspects, like combat. It should generally remain as the same game.

What “shift” are you exactly talking about?