Roadmap for the future of AOE3

I assumed that the South East Asian DLC will cover maps and natives from Oceania as well. Oceania mainly needs unique maps with it’s local animals, terrain, vegetation and the civs represented as native settlements.

5 Likes

Now that the African dlc was released and well received, can this thread get some support? Awesome ideas.

6 Likes

I think now is the time to go on a journey through the Islamic Empires - Moroccans, Arabs (based on the Omani Empire and the Mamluk Sultanate) and Persians.

4 Likes

Good suggestions. But the playerbase is too small for them to have so many DLCs.

This game will be that one game with just a few passionate players and we should be happy we got any expansions at all.

Right now we just need one more civ: It’s a civ that can make all other civs better.

It’s the Bug-fix civilization.

2 Likes

I would divide it into 5 dlcs: 1) European dlc:Italy and Poland (both taken from the napoleonic era mod); 2) Asian dlc:Persia and Korea; 3) American dlc:Mapuche and the Brazilian Empire (both taken from wars of liberty mod); 4) dlc from Southeast Asia:Thailand and Vietnam and finally 5) dlc from Oceania:Maori and the Kingdom of Hawaii

1 Like

Of all these suggestions I would love to see more Middle Eastern civs and the Zulus.

Rather have quality > quantity for the new civs. Ethiopia and Hausa both brought new mechanics to the game. I would want what other new civs they bring to also have new mechanics, buildings and ways to play. And I think that’s why AoE3 is a much harder game to make content and balance for compared to AoE2 that has literally one way to eco and age.

5 Likes

What a balance nightmare.

If more DLC had to be done, pls focus on quality over quantity, so few civs but well done.

Moroccans are half done, Safavid dynasty would link Asian dynasties with Europe and one extra South - East Asian civ would be enough for me.

On the Europe side, just maps and minor civs with historical battles.

5 Likes

You ask a lot, but you have good proposals.
With 5-10 other civilizations it would be enough.

I think that in America they could add more tribes and maps (I would not like more civs because I think it would be forced, but if it were the case, Mapuches).

In Africa Zulues plus other tribes and other maps.
In Europe, 2 more civs, plus new and “Native” maps.

There would be more from Asia, the Middle East and Oseania that could contribute another 5 or 6 civilizations and many natives and new maps.

1 Like

personally i dont think that will ever lead to anything other than disappointment for some. how would you even choose? we have 3 factions that makes sense, no reason artificially splitting 1 away.

Yes, maybe it would be saturated, but minor maps and features could be added.

1 Like

You know how Civ did the ‘buy a years worth of stuff’ deal recently?

I’d be interested in something like that. Maybe one new scenario every month for a year. Would give people in the forums something to talk about.

6 Likes

Dear devs would you announce any plans for the future? I think it’s a great opportunity as AOE4 release is near and hypes for the series are building up.

5 Likes

As much as we all want more content African Royals isn’t even a month old yet. Has AR been successful enough to fiance more content? I have no idea. On steam it has 191 mixed reviews with many complaining about the lack of campaigns.

I check Steam DB every day and while the playerbase has increased it’s not by a lot. Could be due to AoEIV beta though.

Unfortunately I think another expansion releasing is less than 50% likely.

3 Likes

This community is very solid and has lasted a long time. We are few (relatively), but we can ask for more content. Also I do not know how many play through game pass, but surely there are also many.

5 Likes

I think the developers should add Mexicans civ to the United States civ DLC. In my opinion, the USA CIV looks oddly without a continental rival (in its kind - a revolutionary power).

3 Likes

I don’t think they will announce anything new until aoe4 release, aoe3 would just steel its spotlight.

Well they did fight some major wars against the British and Lakota

African Royals only has three ’ battles’? No campaign?

Well that’s a hard pass. I’m tired of the constant emphasis on multi-player while single player fans are pretty much ignored.

3 Likes

Haha, don’t be surprised if support is gradually withdrawn from AoE3DE after AoE4 launches.

I’ll be sad. But maybe it’s kinda rough for them to keep supporting AoE3.

African Royals is very good for the price but people gave it a mixed review on Steam because it lacked campaigns.

I know campaigns would be great, but if people want more in the future they should leave positive feedback so that there are high sales.

4 Likes

I don’t get people either. IMO African Royals is leagues above DotD in terms of quality. Sure, it doesn’t include new campaigns, but there’s a lot new maps, new mercenaries and high quality architecture sets.

I do agree though that the DE DLCs are pretty bad. Sure, they’re kinda cheap, but IMO compared to former expansions they’re a bit small in terms of content.

Considering it’s different teams, it would surprise me.

Do you not play against the AI in skirmishes? That’s 90 % of my play time if not more in every Age game for me. Campaigns feel too restricted and annoying sometimes.

2 Likes