RoR Campaigns Preview Info

Hey, guys

I would like to know if any of you have information on when the new campaigns for RoR will be shown/streamed, I have seen 1v1 matches, but I am mostly a singleplayer, so I would like to see the campaigns before buying the DLC, any information?

thank you

1 Like

I haven’t been following it, so I can’t say anything for certain about content that may have been covered by content creators so far, but if you wait a couple of weeks after the DLC drops, I think it’s guaranteed you’ll be able to find stuff online, and can then make an informed judgement.

2 Likes

The creator preview doesn’t give access to the campaigns yet.
You might have to wait until release.

7 Likes

Well, in any case, I think seeing the pros play AoE1 has just about won me over, and I might actually get the DLC for more than just the Romans.

4 Likes

What about the scenario editor?

1 Like

Not sure some creators clearly showed the editor while others showed how it was greyed out for them.
Also the Romans are somehow not available for some that have access to the editor, kinda strange.

1 Like

Thank you guys for the info.

1 Like

It is only 1 campaign for age of empires 2 and 2 campaigns for age of empires 1 or am i understand sth wrong?

2 Likes

All three campaigns are AOE1.

AOE2 gets Romans civ.

3 Likes

oh, really?

So all we get is one civ and no campaign…even tho this release got so hyped up in the age of empires 2 section?

I’m a bit disappointed, because i’m not interested in the age of empires 1 stuff and im not spending 12 bucks for 1 civ and nothing else.

2 Likes

The AOE2 Romans are mainly a bonus (the Romans are one of the main civs of AOE1, they still exist for a short while in AOE2’s timeline, let’s add them for AOE2), it’s not the focus of ROR.

3 Likes

Yeah, but once again.

Return of the rome was hyped up in the age of empires 2 section as well even tho it’s pretty much only age of empires 1 remastered content with new campaigns?

I mean i’m happy for the age 1 section that they get some #### but i feel like they should’ve communicated this a lot better. I’m pretty sure that i’m not the only one who is not interested in anything from the age 1 stuff so the only new “content” for me is 1 civ, which doesn’t even have a campaign.

edit: really? l o v e gets censored? what the hell

1 Like

The marketing of this DLC was pretty bad.
It was always mend to be an AoE1 port so they should have advertised it as such.

There also needs to be a Roman only DLC now that they are added to ranked.

3 Likes

Images of Sargon campaign…

Images of Pyrrhus campaign…

Images of Trajan campaign…

That’s right, although it’s not unlikely that Rome will receive some campaign in some future dlc (remember the Lithuanians)…

2 Likes

Some major characters would need new civs to have a proper campaign. Gauls for Caesar, Indians for Alexander, Scythians for Cyrus… though who will be the Dacians for Trajan ?

2 Likes

True, though the Lithuanians were included directly into DE while you would still need the RoR dlc to play Romans… That being said, the Prtihviraj campaign can still be played even if you don’t own the DoI dlc with the Gurjara civ in it, so who knows…

Maybe we will get those campaigns at the same time as the enemy civs will be released… Though I don’t have high hopes for Caesar and Alexander until most civs will get their own campaigns.

1 Like

I hope that they will add a Roman campaign. I’m not talking about the Return of Rome one. All in all, this is a small addition to AoE2 itself, as it was advertised as a AoE2 DLC. Technically we only get one civ, they at least could have shipped one campaign with it.

2 Likes

The issue is I’m not sure of any late Western Roman emperors who would be notable enough to have a campaign for them.

3 Likes

Majorian. You could even put Flavius Aetius as a prologue for good measure.

Or you could start a bit earlier with Constantine for example.

3 Likes

I saw Majorian, but he didn’t particularly stand out to me. What were his accomplishments?

3 Likes