ROR multiplayer

Is there really noone playing ranked multiplayer right now or is it to do with my location?

2 Likes

lol just had to play The Viper because it was literally the only lobby in multiplayer. And the game ended in like 10 mins.

3 Likes

Not having a ranked match making system is one of the biggest mistakes of the devs. I already posted this in multiple threads about this subject. I really hope we will get a ranked match making system for AoE2 as well.

3 Likes

Can someone else confirm if they are having the same experience or if its just something wrong at my end? EVERYTIME I go to the ranked 1v1 lobby for ROR there is ever only either 1 or 2 games available to join or none at all. Is everyone else also experiencing the same thing? Surely there must be more than 4 people trying to start a game at any given time!

2 Likes

Yeah there has to be a better way to enter a match? or is no one playing the expansion?

So you are only seeing 1 or 2 games at a time?

yes there are almost no lobbies on ROR

Yeah no one is playing it on multiplayer

Wow that bad eh?
(20 characters)

Same issue here. Wanted to jump in and play but not a single game…

1 Like

So you guys just found out that a game that barely had 50 players online isn’t enough to keep a MP healthy.

2 Likes

Yea but this is inside AOE2 which has a lot more players.

2 Likes

The vast majority of AoE1 players didn’t move to AoE2; they just stayed with either DE or the original disc version.

1 Like

What I mean is, this is a DLC for AOE2, so I assumed at least a good chunk of the AOE2 player base would have bought the DLC and would be playing it, but it seems to not be the case. TBH I suspect there is actually a bug or something in the lobby, there must be more games happening concurrently than the 1 or 2 I am currently seeing everytime I load the game… I mean there is more people talking about this DLC on this forum alone than there are players playing the ranked lobby. Can that really be the case?

2 Likes

I dont know if it was a coincidence, but right now I got into the 1v1 Ranked ROR and it had only one room showing (1000-, so I couldnt join). Just for fun I clicked in “load more lobbies” and it showed another one. So, maybe it’s a bit bugged and not showing all rooms?

1 Like

That’s all I can hope. I really want to play.

There are lots of AoE2 players who wants to try out AoE1 civs, but are hold back by not having a proper online environment. With only a lobby AoE1 online is meant to die.

The number of lobbies is even lower then i expected. So i hope that is some sort of bug.

Dashboard is working and it shows all the ongoing ror matches and lobbies, it ain’t a bug, simply there aren’t enough players interested on MP.

The devs were fully aware that MM wouldn’t work for aoede and that is why it was not included, but well the idea that it can be a bug sound better i guess.

Hmmm if that’s really the case it’s sad tbh…

People are interested in MP, but only if it has a proper system. There are here many complaints about not having a proper environment for MP.