Routes of trade carts can't go over bridges

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 53347
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
In the last scenario of Francisco de Almeida campaign the trade carts can’t recognize the markets made in the southern isle of Diu because a bridge is between them. The trade ignore the markets in the isle from below and stay idle in the market of yellow player.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a scenario where a bridge is between 2 land masses (last scenario of Francisco de Almeida works)
  2. Establish a trade route with a trade cart between markets on both land masses
  3. Watch how they don’t trade and get stuck on the other market

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The trade carts should trade normally between the markets

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

The same happend to me on other scenarios, see my report here:
Pathfinding for trading route not working as expected - #2 by ReachSouth

But bridges alone does not seem to be the only cause. As mentioned in my report I was not able to reproduce the bug by using the scenario editor.

Hello @Hectornauta!

Thank you for sharing with us this issue, we are now tracking it :heart:

2 Likes

I suppose you wanted to write “We are now tracking it” :sweat_smile:

Oh god
we can only hope

Ahahahah yes, that was a funny typo :joy:

1 Like