Rus' Prince can be converted by the Mongols in Kotyan Khan 1

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: ######
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

In Kotyan Khan 1 Raising the Banners, you have to free the Galicia-Volhynia (3, Blue) Prince (Represented by a knight) from the Mongol (6, Orange) encampment in the East of the map. The only problem? The prince can be converted by the Mongol Monks immediately after converting to the player. This makes him hostile to the player. If he is set free however, he may briefly attack the player, before running North to return home. His own people will then attack him, but you can still earn their allegiance. I haven’t tested what happens if he dies, but I imagine you could lose the scenario.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS) (Assuming that you leave the Monks alive)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Gather an army from some of the villages, then go to Galicia-Volhynia to get their quest.
  2. Head South-East to the Mongol encampment.
  3. Use Kotyan Khan to kill everything but the monks. (As a hero he cannot be converted). Make sure to keep the rest of the army out of range while you do this.
  4. Move into a position where you gain control of the prince.
  5. Wait while the monks convert the prince.
  6. Ask yourself “Wait… was that supposed to happen?”
  7. Free the prince and he will go home to his people.
  8. Watch Blue and/or your army attack their own prince.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

I would have expected one of two things. Either, the prince doesn’t convert to the player until the monks are dead, or I would expect him to have a variant of hero status that stops him being converted.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Sorry, don’t have one of these and can’t be bothered getting it.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Hi @TheConqueror753 !

Thank you, its true, this prince should not be allowed to join the enemy team. You dont want him to die by your own hands 11

Thanks, we are now tracking this issue!