Russia is strong in team games

Sure, but this doesnt change my point :smiley: ?
If you look at the spanish, you’ll see that the 2 haciendas, peninsular warfare and wonderfull year are strong cards, that change the playstyle. So its nonesense to nerf russia now, when there will be cards that change their meta anyways🤷

1 Like

u point of view does not change at all, but I choose not to be optimistic during the changes to Russia on their deck, also assuming that there are European civs that need the news in their deck more urgently than Russia because I will be waiting until 2023 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Russia in 1v1 is bad at countering cavalry, but cossack+strelet+blockhouses are actually insane. In team games the ally will do the counter cavalry work, and Russia just destroy everything by spamming 100 strelets.

2 Likes

Russia is just too strong in 1v1, there is no way to punish Russian lammers since they have tempo/map control, you need to win 10 battles against, and the stupid cosacs are just too strong for 1 pop unit, they aren’t coyotes or chimus, they should be 2 pop.

1 Like

cossacks are one pop because strelets are half a unit at 1 pop. the two balance each other out in theory. Cossacks are wild strong but nearly every other russia units is really poor

6 Likes

Russia is not by any mean OP.

Strelets have a very low range, btw.

5 Likes

Russia needs buff not nerf

7 Likes

Lol the comments are very divided between Russia being weak and strong

2 Likes

Russia is fine. Very strong in some areas with some exploitable weaknesses. A fairly balanced civ. Perhaps a tinge op in the hands of skilled players but that’s true of most of them. Leave it alone.

3 Likes

Russia is pure rubbish both in 1v1 and in teams, it is saved only for the oprichniks who are the real usefulness of the Russian, even instant spam saves Russia more than anything else in teams. They have the characteristic of spamming low-cost units and training faster than European standards. Trust this doesn’t count. Each civilization that is added surpasses Russia. Russia has a good rush this is not doubted but it is always countervailable, on some maps Russia cannot play aggressive and is forced to age up with 17 settlers (because if you make 14 settlers your economy sucks to practice an ff or boom) and many civilizations simply have more advantage all over Russia. I was a player who used Russia in teams and in 1v1 but really against capable people I know it is hard to use it. Better to use other civilizations that do the same job as Russia but 10 times better. For any comment or flam on my opinion of the Russian tag me! :laughing:

Did you forget that in 3v3 when 2 players go cav and have strong cavs in 2 ages and the other goes musk or skirm Russia it becomes the most useless thing in the world :rofl:

A Russian is called a lame only if he practices a ff to play suvorov.

XD XD XD XD XD Spain>Russia for ever.

1 Like

there is just no point to complain about Russia or even force the Devs to add them as a 2 POP Cav. It just does not make any sense to spend cossacks 2 pop. That would mean at the same Time that you kill this civ lol.

1 Like

The truth is that yes, before Spain was a good counter to Russia but I have seen how the Russians make a special build order for civs that do ff, they are able to break it or tear it to the point that they beat it,

I have seen how Khorix has defeated robroth without problems, although I think that with more intelligence you can beat those build order, it is just a matter of doing scout

2 Likes