Russia needs to be buffed

I’m currently within the range of 2k - 1900 ELO as RUS, I don’t think rus has an issue against CAV, Their issue lies more in the having to get the eco to be able to spam too many cheap units given current state of the game. And these cheap units not trading effectively against other infantry

I could make rus work vs most civs if some of the changes I had suggested are implemented. The only thing I struggle with as rus is not really their eco or the units in age 2. It is the kiting from opponents and the having to chase to be able to do anything at which point you’re not really trading effectively thus losing more than needed and to lose this much you do need good economy which they don’t really have unless you set it up which leads to being slow and thus other civs going ahead and getting even better units/tech and then they get equal number of units or more than you and since yours are weaker it really doesn’t work.

With current shipment of 11 pandour that counter skirms. I’ve found success on most matches RU used to struggle very hard due to skirm war They are a good unit I would only suggest they be trainable after the card is sent [ This unit does its only job perfect which is countering skirm, the rest is bad and that’s a good trade ] Truly appreciate whoever came up with this idea it does alleviate rus issue vs skirm even at this cost

What I’ve been able to see is that after the pandour as I’m now able to kite my resources fly meaning I don’t have to spend a lot to spam weak units. But would be nice to have pandours trainable after the card Though this only helps in skirm wars and then leaves a hole at facing Mass musk

which comes to the point of strelets which is what they’re good at, however due to strelets having 14 range even in Fortress It becomes sort of a pain or a nightmore to try and kite most civs that have very strong musks. Like india has almost 300 HP musk in Fortress with not much effort. Mexico with soldados are insane and they don’t care they just go in and some civs even have 13 range musk or 14 range musk which is kinda sad

Then strelet having to go too close even in fortress which ain’t really that great. So these fights like vs india and many other example leaves you now with a hole in having no way to truly counter what strelets counter You have to lose too much for it to be viable but to lose too much you have to skip doing eco. Rus is too food heavy.

My suggestion for strelets is to have scaling Range NOT WITH CARDS but through age up tech. I’m ok with the current 18 Range they got but it is too late to take its advantage. please move it to Fortress and Industrial that way they get 16 in Fortress and 18 in Industrial

I would also go as far as saying If a nerf is needed in exchange of this. Remove Boyars I don’t really use the card anymore and this card makes no difference in strelet wining right now it gives little to no stat
For team games replace the team CAV HP and just merge this card into the age 3 CARD, Developers find a way to not nerf current rus eco which is ok if you don’t have to lose army consistently but to exchange anything they currently have for that 16 range and 18 ranger earlier and as I had suggested a possible 20 range in imperial which if demeed too strong could just leave them at 18 but Do test it out 1st. Let’s see how russia does in quicksearch with that.

Here is my post

Would like to remind that USA skirm which is very close to Strelet in term of trash unit. Does have 17 range by Fortress They do get this range since age 2 though
Please just something similar to this range by fortress, which would be 16

5 Likes