Russian Medicine Card

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 23511
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Medicine Card Description:
Villagers train faster and become cheaper:

• Land Villager: Build Time -15%
  • Land Villager: Food Cost -15%
  • Land Villager: Wood Cost -15%
  • Land Villager: Gold Cost -15%

Due to Russian’s unique settler batch training function, the Medicine Card is not decreasing the build time by 15% as described. This was a known bug in the original AOE3 Complete Edition but it was never fixed.

A batch of Russian Settlers take 53 seconds to train. Therefore, the Medicine Card should reduce this training time to 45.05 seconds (53 x 0.85)

However, after the Medicine card has been sent, Russian Settler batches train at approx 49 seconds instead of 45.05 seconds.. Fortunately, the cost of Russian Settler Batches is properly adjusted (270 food to 229.5 food, picture included)

My hypothesis is the build time was not adjusted for the Russian Settler Batches. I will explain below:

“Normal” Settlers train at 25 seconds at 100 food cost. The Medicine card discounts 3.75 seconds and 15 food respectively. (I just multiplied 0.15 to 25 seconds and 100 food)

It seems the Russian Settler Batch is getting the “Normal” Settler building time discount of 3.75 seconds rather than 7.95 seconds (53 x 0.15). This results in the Russian Settler Batch training at ~49 seconds (53 - 3.75 = 49.25) rather than 45.05 seconds (53 - 7.95 = 45.05).

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play a game as Russians
  2. Send Medicine card from deck
  3. Count how long it takes for 3 settler batch to be trained

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Russian Medicine Card should reduce the training time of Russian Settler batches from 53 seconds to 45.05 seconds.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Picture 1 shows cost of Russian Settler Batch after Medicine Card. This result is correct.

Picture 2 shows the effect of the Medicine Card for the Russians. The build time is not properly reflected.

7 Likes

yeah i remember this card not working back in RE even though russia is the main european civ which would have good synergy with this card and hel their lackluster eco. especially as civ design and meta has favoured higher eco civs.

I dont imagine this would get fixed unless a seperate russian medicine card was developed to replace the existing one (same pic and stats but under the hood would correctly function)

Hi Sotorie, thanks for the report. We’re now tracking this issue :slight_smile: