San Louis Patriots

Can we get a nerf to this card? It’s so strong it mostly makes the other Mexico age III options almost obsolete and it isn’t difficult at all to get it up to 11 or 12 chinacos in fortress age. That’s much stronger than standard age IV cavalry shipments. It needs a static resource cost or even one that increases with each chinaco it sends. I’m really tired of seeing games where a Mexico player should be out of steam but just sends 2000+ res worth of heavy cav at no cost to them.

2 Likes

Fully agree, that card is too much strong, if we compare it to another card that send units based on shipments sent, i.e. tabascan separatists, we can clearly see that the sna luis patriots give too much units for pop… And not only that, but also make chinaco take less time to recruits, which is absurd…
Either a resource cost need to be added or the amount of chinacos sent need reduced to 1 each 2 shipments sent… I don’t know if it could be a nice change, but maybe removing the reduction of time to train and instead giving them veteran upgrade could be nice

How is this OP? To get 12 chinacos you first have to send 12 shipments which is almost 15-20 min of the game?

12 Chinacos should be no problem at that stage.

I’m pretty sure usa has a fortress age up that gives 2 sharpshooters per shipment sent, which is way better imo. Don’t really think this chinco 1 is particularly strong.

You are correct, they do deliver a similar value. Kentucky Hunters has a 500 resource cost to send though while San Loius patriots is free. This is my main issue with the card. If it had the same price then it’d be a high value but mostly fair card like how Kentucky Hunters currently is.

2 Likes

In addition to the sharpshooter shipment, USA also has an age up shipment of one Carbine Calvary per shipment. This provides less immediate value than one Chicano per shipment at yet USA still has to pay 500 resources for it.

1 Like

It does start at 2 and go up from each shipment so they’re in the same ballpark about when it comes to value. It’s still an issue because 500 res is definitely not nothing and of these two cards that should in theory give around the same value, one of them has this tradeoff while the other doesn’t.

1 Like