Save Chapter -feature not disabled in Ranked Games. Causes Lag

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.47820.0.6624001
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Using Save Chapter hotkey causes lag for all players. This is possible to do in ranked games. When someone uses the Save Chapter feature to make a quick jump point for replays there’s a small popup, a bit of lag and all my units get unselected. It gets really annoying when playing ranked games. Attached replay is from a ranked game where this happened.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• Every time someone uses the Save Chapter -feature.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a Ranked Game.
  2. Select some units.
  3. Press the Save Chapter -hotkey (F4 for me).
  4. There’s a bit of lag, a popup and units get unselected.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Feature disabled in a ranked game. This can be used to grief the other players. Do it just right and the opponent might lose a villager to a boar while luring.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

I know we should have resigned in this game because one of our teammates dropped. But this was the first time I encountered the Save Chapter shenanigans so I wanted some data and try to catch the moment when it’s used on video (so I could get a screenshot of the popup).

In this game the yellow player used it a lot in the early game so it wasn’t some kind of autoclicker doing it automatically. Can’t confirm it was always the yellow player as the popups were visible for a very short time and the popup doesn’t show in the replay file.