Save game browser taking a long time to load

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 44725
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

The save game menu takes a long time to load, the games load fairly quickly but the menu takes forever. This applies to the hotkey menu too but that one loads fast enough.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Go into the load game menu.
  2. Wait a long time

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The menu would have loaded instantly.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

It took almost 30 seconds to load.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like

This a very frustrating problem and I would like for it to be fixed in the next patch.

I had the same issue when using that option. Fortunately i haven’t had a need to use that option too much, but for sure can confirm that this was happening to me as well.

The issue is still here in update 46295.

Note that campaign games and multiplayer games are recorded automatically. Fully clearing out my recorded games + unnecessary saves sped it up a lot. Not a fix but can help out people temporarily.

2 Likes

HI, thx for bringing our attention to this bug, we will look into it!

1 Like

That didn’t work for me. Deleted Save-Games Reappearing

Is the issue still occurring for you? Are you also using Windows Store?

The issue is still occurring. Did you guys look into it? Seems like it’s happening for all Windows Store users.

1 Like