Saved games do not appear in game menu

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: ######
    Version 101.102.18071.0 (#83607) 0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store
    Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Mac / Linux
    Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
When I go to the single player menu and choose to load a game, no games appear in the list to choose from, even though I created them only about 3 weeks ago and they exist in the game save folder (the same folder that opens when I select “open game folder” from within the game.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)
  • 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)
  • 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)
    100%** of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open game from Microsoft Store
  2. Choose Single Player
  3. Choose Load game

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
I’m supposed to see my saved games.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Hello @GruneGans
I couldn’t reproduce this issue. Could you try verifying integrity of game files and checking again? Thanks for your report :slight_smile:

Hi @Felizon89,
After several attempts, suddenly the saved games appeared. No idea what might have caused them not to appear in the first place. The only thing I did in the meantime was start AOE (I) DE (where those saved games appeared), launch AOE II DE from the AOE DE collection menu (where the saved games again did not appear), and then AOE II DE directly (where they suddenly began appearing again).

No idea!

Thanks,
GG

1 Like

If you encounter this issue again, and find the way to reproduce it, let me know so I can inform de the team to investigate it :slight_smile: