Scenario Editor Bug: Custom Regicide Triggers don't fire while buildings die

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.44834.0 6148570
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Hey guys! The bug is hard to describe in my opinion so instead of writing a prolonged essay here I just decided to make a video of it instead.

Basically the bug encountered is breaking custom-made regicide-conditions for custom-scenarios. When you try to set it up in such a way that on “Destroy object” → King, the effect of “Declare Victory” (inverted) is triggered to try and make the player loose, this player-defeat is only properly triggered if there is no (garrisonable???) buildings collapsing close (?) to it. I’d imagine it has to do with the way that garrisoned units are calculated.

Probable workaround for the devs would be to setup the global victory conditions with more options so stuff like regicide and sudden death become available.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

Doesn’t apply. Technically every time a map with custom made regicide conditions is played I guess.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Watch my youtube video and see how the triggers are setup there
  2. Try sniping kings without killing garrisoned buildings and then sniping them after the building-collapse-animation is triggered.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Player-defeat-condition is triggered properly.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
https://youtu.be/MLZ7S9T7oN4

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

In this game, two players were not defeated properly while loosing there kings. I’m 99% sure it comes from the bug as described above. The players in question are Fletch and Gingerbeard2.0
*Prent0_Bully.aoe2record (3.2 MB)

UPDATE: Actually it seems like the same problem does not happen with maps where the only triggers are the regicide triggers. So to compare two of mine I’ve tested “Pilgrims Nothing after November Patch” and it works properly, nevermind of the collapsing buildings. So it may still have to do with my other triggers. I need to figure it out first though. I have about 100 triggers on the map shown in the youtube link.

If anyone has run into compareable problems though, please feel free to notify me here!