Scenario Editor: Changing GAIA Player Settings switches GAIA Color

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: According to Main Menü 101.101.50700.0 7006804
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Ever since GAIA got its indistinguishable White color and doesn’t use Grey anymore all of its units are white, which makes sense, however, “White” was not added as Player Color in the Player Settings, meaning that any kind of editing the Player Settings of GAIA results in a Color Change of GAIA, as White is not in the Dropdown list

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

1. Create a Scenario
  2. Place GAIA Units (Flags for Example) and see their Color (Default = White)
  3. Go to “Player” Tab and select GAIA in the top left first field
  4. Do anything (like setting GAIA civ) and leave the Player Tab
  5. All GAIA Units became Orange (because White isn’t set)

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

• Not Needed

If you have further Questions just ask

1 Like

Does it reset to white on restarting the game or is it permanent?

1 Like

Well it actually does change back to white when you start the scenario, however I think its still a bug in case you want to give a Player the Color White + it bothers me in the Scenario Editor.

Once you save the scenario with Gaia color being orange it stays this way (if they are really orange once you start the scenario depends on whether you actually selected orange or not) - regardless of game restart (else this function would be useless if it doesn’t save the player color)