Scenario Editor: Effect "Damage Object" does not give bonus HP to buildings when using negative values

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: According to Main Menü 101.101.50700.0 7006804
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

So since the start of this year (to be exakt the Patch which was released in 26th January), it was made possible to give Units more than 32767 HP (Some Integer limit) by using “Damage Object” with negative values. However this does not seem to work for Buildings

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

1. Create a Scenario and add a Trigger
  2. Add “Damage object” in that Trigger, set an Area with a Building and one Unit,
  3. Add any Negative Value except -1 (which is the default)
  4. Compare the Health change of both units after testing the Scenario

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

You would expect the Damage Object to also work on Buildings. But as seen in the Pics, it doesnt

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

• Not Needed

If you have further Questions just ask

Since apparently there is much more activity on the behalf of the developer team and they seem to answer under bug reports more often. I would like to Reply to my bug report in order to push it to the top.
I would like to do this with every of my 6-7 Bug reports with 1 push per day -
If this is against the Rules of this Forum, please let me know.
From my perspective, I really need those bugs fixed to advance with my personal projects, and I am sure many others as well.

Kind Regards

Hey @BouffantBloom32
thanks for the report, the issue is luckily already being tracked!
have a nice day