These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- GAME BUILD #: According to Main Menü 101.101.50700.0 7006804
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
The Effect “Disable Object Selection” is impractical. You should expect that when one Object is selected (which ignores Source Player) that the Source Player is the Player that cannot select that Object. Either do it like that (=Object Selected, Source Player defines which player can’t select it and Area selected = whose Unit can’t be selected) or please add “Disable Object Selection (Multiplayer)” and its counterpart “Enable Object Selection (Multiplayer)”
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Create a Scenario and place a few Object and get a few Trigger
- Set a Trigger on an Object (e.g a green militia) and “Disable Object Selection” With Source player 1 (or any Source player)
- Now no one of the 8 player can select the militia, because Source Player with one object (instead of Area) gets ignored and is therefore useless (until you add my suggestion).
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Give Source Player on a single Object a purpose by reshaping its use to define the specific player which can’t select said single Object
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
In this case Player 3 Should not be able to select this tradecart of Player 6, but because the way the trigger is currently (inconveniently) coded, all players can’t select this tradecart.
I am well aware of what “Source Player” means in all other triggers, but once an Object is selected (not an Area) it becomes useless - and could be recoded for that case to be useful
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
- Not Needed
If you have further Questions just ask