Scenario editor "Enable technology stacking" Bug

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #:101.101.46295.0.6421374 ######
  • GAME PLATFORM:Steam Steam / Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM:Windows 10 Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Mac / Linux

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
I’m making a scenario that includes this technology stacking effect and I noticed something strange happens when you stack more than one time a certain stacking technology in the building queue. Queuing once works fine. Queuing five by shift clicking also researchs the 5 technologies fine. But if you click many times the tech then the first one, even though it consumes resources and takes its given time to research, doesn’t apply the effect of the tech nor is detected by the “researching tech” condition of the scenario editor.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Load up a new scenario and use triggers to make any technology stacking.
  2. To test this issue, you can use a loop trigger that sends a chat whenever the player is researching the tech.
  3. Queue up the stacking technology twice (and I mean by clicking twice since using shift click once stacks 5 technologies on the queue and this way they would work just fine) and observe that even though it consumed resources, the researching tech loop trigger doesn’t detect its being researched and the effects of the technology upon finishing are not applied.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The effects of the technology don’t take place, researching tech trigger condition doesn’t detect the technology and resources are consumed anyway.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Age of Empires II DE Technology Stacking effect BUG - YouTube

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.