These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- GAME BUILD #: 101.101.46295.0 6421374
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam /
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
When in the scenario editor a trigger is set to a potential upgrade of a unit line (In this example, the Imperial Camel Rider), the trigger will apply to the entire unit line (In this example, the Camel Rider and Heavy Camel Rider). This only occurs when in the age where said upgrade could potentially be researched but it applies even if that upgrade is unavailable to the civilization. (In this example, the bug only occurs in Imperial Age. But it is not limited to Indians, in the video below it is shown using the Saracens civilization, which is unable to research Imperial Camel Riders in the first place). This has considerable consequences for the creation and customization of custom units in scenarios.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
- 100% of the time (ALWAYS)
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Create a scenario using the scenario editor.
- Create a trigger that uses a given upgraded unit, such as an Imperial Camel Rider, and attempt to for example modify its stats.
- Begin in the Dark Age and advance through the ages. Place a Camel Rider or Heavy Camel Rider, in the scenario editor or create a camel rider from the stable during the Castle Age.
- Research Imperial Age. Observe as without further input, the effect that should be limited to the Imperial Camel Rider now applies to Camel Riders and Heavy Camel Riders.
Either this type of trigger should be consistent across ages and civilizations, I.E. it should apply to a theoretical dark age camel rider, or it should be limited exclusively to the actual Imperial Camel Rider. The latter is a much more sensible explanation and allows for much further customization in the scenario editor, and is perhaps most importantly much more intuitive. Thus in the video below, Camel Riders and Heavy Camel Riders should not have their namers changed, no matter the Age or civilization you play in/as, only the actual Imperial Camel Rider.
GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)
- rec.aoe2record (634.0 KB)