Scenario: Setting AI Personality to None does not make the AI primitive

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Version 101.101.53347.0 7314341
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam /
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 /

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
AI Player with Personality “None” still has an AI.
This is all
But just a side note (which can be ignored for the bugreport):
For some reason if you set it to none and place AI units (which thankfully don’t move) and continue to work on your scenario, at some point the AI units will all start moving again even tho nothing in the options has changed (it occurred to me a year ago in my scenario). And I couldn’t switch it off again.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Create a few Ships as seen in the screenshot
  2. Try with Default AI
  3. Try with None AI
  4. Same Result
    Also whats fun if you restart the scenario, there is a different Result each time

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
I would expect that a computer player without any brain would just attack the nearest unit in its LOS, #

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Setup

Showcase

Not working on DE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
I would post now the scenario to try but its set up so easily you can do it yourself
I couldn’t upload it here anyway because for some inexplicable reason .aoe2scenario is not a save file extension, nor is scx - you know, data files of your own game

Hey @BouffantBloom32
according to our team, this behaviour is by design.
Thanks for the report anyhow, i hope youll have a great day.