Scottish civ for British’s Rev town center for age2 Mexican Rev mode

So as I understand it, @AnyDiagram93675 wants to add an Age 2 Scottish revolution to the British Civ and also wants to make reference to Mexico somewhere in that. This may be because the Scottish made a failed colony in modern day Panama (The Darien Scheme 1698) prior to the act of Union in 1707. The failure of the colony was one of the major catalyse for the Scots to join the Union due to the Bank of Scotland going bankrupt and needing bailing-out by the English.

The way in which I’d approach this, is instead of having a “revolution”, have an Act of Union button in the Town Center which costs 300 of each resource in Age 2. This will add one new uniquely Scottish home city card to each age.

Examples of new Scottish home city cards I’d introduce after the Act of Union include:

• Age 1 - Highland Coo - enables reskinned cows to be trained in the livestock pen with an additional 20 population space.
  • Age 2 - Darien Scheme - sends a gold mine prospectus wagon and decreases the coin cost of ships by 25%
  • Age 3 - The Tartan Army - enables Highlander training from the Town Center and Forts. This card officially introduces Highlanders as a part of the British Army, therefore all Musketeer home city shipment now affect Highlanders too. (i.e. Scots Guards, Coldstream Guards and the Thin Redline)
  • Age 4 - James Watt’s Steam Engines - researches the Iron Horse technology on all trade routes on the map, increases train speed by 10% and increases resource generation at all allied trade posts by 10%. In addition to this, all home city shipments now arrive 50% faster due to the benefits of steam power!

In Age 3 there should be the option to start the Jacobite Rebellion from the Town Center. This should cost 600 of each resource and ship a new hero unit, *Bonnie Prince Charlie.

The key components of this revolution include:

• All Musketeers are converted to single pop Highlanders (on the map and in the barracks) with the big button ability to perform a Highland Charge
  • All Setters and Pikemen are converted into Redshank Clansmen (a reskinned Guard Rodelero with increased siege attack)
  • Redshanks Clansmen are slowly spawned from manor houses for free
  • All units move 20% faster
  • All units attack increased by 10% when in the Bonnie Prince Charlie aura
  • Bonnie Prince Charlie can receive shipments
  • Shipments arrive fast
  • A unique home city deck with cards that send additional Scottish units and French Mercenaries.
  • There will also be a card in the Jacobite deck that has the ability to end the rebellion. This will revert all Redshank Clansmen back into settlers and all Highlanders back into Redcoat Musketeers.

After the rebellion is over no Scottish units or technologies will be available any more (including the Black Watch church technology and all the Act of Union home city cards). Recovering from a failed Jacobite Rebellion will be hard as your economy would have come to a standstill during the revolt as settler training during the rebellion is not permissible.

2 Likes

20%movement speed is too much.
the 1 pop highlanders should be given a new name to differentiate from the 2 pop highlanders
50% shipment speed bonus is too much. Safe amount is like 10%

Is what i think about some of the upgrade.

In my proposal, I wanted to just have normal highlanders replace the musketeers, with the same stats but only take a single population space. I know this sounds slightly over powered but you must remember that during the Jacobite Rebellion, you’ll have absolutely no resource production, so making more highlanders will be difficult unless you’ve previously stockpiled resources. The only way in which you can get more units after the rebellion has started, is through home city shipments. This means that you’ll need to stay in a perpetual state of fighting whist in the rebellion, to produce more troops. (Or have dominated the trade routes across the map before rebelling.)

The Edinburgh Home City will have only unit shipments, including but not limited to:

• 10 Highlanders (infinite)
  • 22 Redshank Clansmen (infinite)
  • 12 French Fusiliers
  • 1 Heavy Canon
  • 2 Falconets (infinite)
  • 25 French Royal Musketeers
  • 20 Irish Brigadiers
  • 5 French Royal Horsemen (infinite)
  • 1 Battleship (infinite)
  • END REBELLION (takes twice as long to arrive as a normal shipment)

All these shipments will be free due to the stagnation of the players economy. I’ve been quite generous with the unit shipments I’ve offered because it is likely that your opponent could be in Age 4 by the time your army reaches their base. As all these shipments will arrive at the new hero, Bonnie Prince Charlie, the player has the ability to retain pressure on their opponent, without having to wait for their new soldiers to march across the entire map.

I’ve purposely added many French troops to the Home City deck due to the French’s involvement in helping the Jacobite Rebellion in real life.

Yeah, you’re probably right here. Imagine having Rodeleros with 7.2 speed and huge siege attack :sweat_smile:

I’d probably reduce the bonus to only 5%

This revolution will benefit very aggressive players that wants to rush their enemy with quantity not quality. In essence this revolt will be one big HIGHLAND CHARGE!!!

1 Like

I mean, Ireland Revolution for British are fairly better than using Scoland as revolution, U need to change your mind

1 Like

As much as OP posts lots on the Scots, a Scottish rev (focusing on the 18th century Jacobite uprisings) is legit. Not saying an Irish rev is not - it’s just as valid. Don’t think he needs to change his mind, especially as a Jacobite rebellion is fairly iconic

3 Likes

LMAO with this post

I know that in China there are quite few languages. Could be that he doesnt know the main one? Anyway, your chinese messages can be 100% understand here by the translator.

He speaks about Mexico cause they can do revolutions in other ages rather than IV.

1 Like

I guess @Gwentmaster2163 he is Chinese,he is no English and Completely unaware of Scottish history,I have a complete understanding of Scottish history,But @GwentMaster2163 Say I have language problems, I will learn more about them in the future for Devs

That…is a bad idea. You’re just making standard Redcoats obsolete. The reason why United States Army affecting things like Highlanders, Swiss Pikemen, and Gunslingers works is because the Americans generally don’t have an incentive to go with Mercenary builds. Europeans have a much easier time justifying Mercenary-heavy compositions.

I agree that Ireland as a unique, normal revolution is superior to Scotland as a revolution, but OP doesn’t NEED to change his mind.

If we wanted to represent Scotland, shoving a bunch of unique Industrial Age economic cards referencing Scotland into the existing British civilization is the way to go: the Scottish Enlightenment is literally the foundation of the modern global economy. A stronger form of Capitalism? Rename the Factory cards? I dunno.

1 Like

Honestly was just brain storming ideas. I think there would be a case for making redcoats from an economic point of view. The British are good at collecting food because of their live stock pen cards. I’ve also found it harder to collect vast amounts of coin compared to other civs. So maybe as a compromise add an additional coin cost to highlanders or even a wood cost to limited their construction. Alternatively you could give highlanders a build limit like that of the Nizam Fusiliers for the Ottomans.

It’s kinda funny that even his compatriots don’t understand him. And here I was thinking it was just bad automatic translations being bad

You’re enabling Tartan Army in Age III, which is, in fact, when British are most crunched for food and will be overgathering coin and wood in comparison. Hunts are dwindling and livestock simply cannot keep up–how many of those livestock cards can you even afford to put in a mercenary-focused deck? Enabling you to simply tech switch to Highlanders without needing to make a choice on which of your Redcoat cards you’re omitting from the deck is an insanely powerful release valve. This ignores one of the key built-in weaknesses the British civ has: before EVERYBODY is on Mills/Farms/Paddies/Fields, they require a lot more food to power their economy than most civs will.

There are only two examples of a single civ swapping resource costs to wood, as it’s much harder to gather: Haudenosaunee Environmentalism, which is just a really bad card in prolonged games, and I’m pretty sure British Raj for the Indians can be sent twice, the second time changing villager costs back to 100w instead of 100f. That is not a good idea. And neither is a build limit, if you want an expensive but stronger ranged heavy infantry unit, just make a new one that is treated by the game as a distinct unit from the Highlander, much as how Wittelsbach Chevaulegers and German Prinz Chevaulegers are distinct.

Scottish rev makes no sense…Irish on the other hand.

USA had way more of an insentive to get mercs compared to most Euro civs lol

While no one is denying the Irish, why doesn’t a Scottish rev make no sense?

Case for Scotland

• The Jacobite rising of 1745 was an attempt by Charles Edward Stuart to regain the British throne for his father, James Francis Edward Stuart.

Case for Ireland

• The Irish Rebellion of 1798 was a popular insurrection against the British Crown in what was then the separate, but subordinate, Kingdom of Ireland. The main organising force was the Society of United Irishmen.

Both fit nicely into the AOE3de timeframe and both will bring plenty of interesting playable content to the game. I see no issue with either of these options.

2 Likes

The irish eventually succeeded in seceding but more relevantly some worked for Boney as spies.

lol no (20 chars ______ )

I’ii say to again, In case Devs agree for Scottish civ is Britain civ’s variant for town center select age2,her can also Jacobite rebellion for age3’s rev deck option,it not Instead of Mexico’s rev options