Screen flicker/blink while game runs

Hi, I installed and launched the game (AoE II: DE) fine. However, when the game is launched and running, the screen consistently blink/flashes to black screen. I cannot upload video of it here since I’m new. I left a message at the Discord: https://discordapp.com/channels/585165441790509094/585569497633783808/695031133271883916.

Has this problem been encountered before and if so, how do I fix it?
My PC uses: Intel i7-7700hQ (2.80 GHz), 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, on Windows 10 (64 bit)

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Try to update your graphics card driver

Hi, unfortunately I have already done so beforehand, but no luck.

I used to play AoE2 Without any problem but suddenly this annoying screen flickering began. I updated every driver on my laptop, I reinstalled the game, It just works in Window mode, but it stars flickering when I go on full screen mode.
Solutions ?? :frowning:

1 Like

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AoE2DE\resources_common\movies
control c . Control v to desktop: aoeii4K. done. Make 3 times test. Never again.
Quiron01

I experience the same. It’s normal in windows mode but become flickering when change to fullscreen mode. The several first times are normal, suddenly flickering without any reasons.

Does not work. Copying a movie to desktop does not make sense

I’ve fixed this bug by upgrading to the newest Intel HD4600 driver. Cannot us driver upgrade of Windows 10 by default. I have to install Intel Driver Support Assistant, it will automatically detect the new driver for my graphic card.

Hope it help!