EDIT: I rewrite this post so that easier to read.
- GAME BUILD #: 101.102.15522.0
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
- Sometimes, even the Secondary Projectiles hit enemies and the VFX pops up (e.g. when gunpowder projectile projectiles hit enemy, a white smoke pops out), nothing happened.
- or the bullet just straight pass through enemy unit, even if they should collided
- Most obvious when you testing the new Organ Gun, you can always find some of the bullets just miss/ do 0 damage, even in front of the Organ Gun is a pack of enemy unit with nearly zero gap between them
And I believe it is caused by the mechanism of projectile accuracy:
- If a Primary Projectile has 0 Accuracy Percent, it will able to hit any enemy unit, targeted or not, and damage them. (reason of why Organ Gun has 0 Accuracy Percent now)
- But If a Secondary Projectile has 0 Accuracy Percent, it will able to hit any enemy unit, targeted or not, and do zero damage.
- If a Secondary Projectile has 100 Accuracy Percent, it will only able to hit the targeted unit, the projectile will just pass through non-targeted enemy units and nothing happen. (also, it will no longer affected by Attack Dispersion)
- Now, the Secondary Projectile of Organ Gun has 75 Accuracy Percent, the result is a mix of all of above, sometimes it ignores all of the enemy, sometimes it is only able to damage the target, sometimes it able to hit any enemy unit.
I understand this might be intentional, that’s why they doubled the attack of Organ Gun to offset the randomness,
But just as some people complained, this kind of against the concept of making Organ Gun a crowd control unit since it is pretty focused to the target right now, I think this bug is one of the reason.
And as a Scenario creator, would really love to see all projectile work consistently, so I can create a bunch of custom units to play with.
It also straight against Dev’s vision of Organ Gun since it creates cosmetics projectiles.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
- Create a test scenario, or download mine in below: Place a pack of enemy units and a Organ Gun
- (Optional) Use the Trigger to set everyone in no-attack-stance, and set enemy units to 1 HP
- Use the Trigger Modify Attribute and change the Accuracy Percent Organ Gun (ID 1001/ 1003 when Elite) and its Secondary Projectile (ID 1789)
- (Optional) Increase the Attack Dispersion of both the Organ Gun and Secondary Projectile, so they spread wider when you shoot.
- Test/Play the scenario, happy shooting. you would find that not all bullet always works.
- Abject the number Accuracy Percent, and test again to see what happens.
All secondary projectiles should work consistently.
Images was taken in my test scenario, please note that I modified the Attack Dispersion so the bullet spread wider than it was.
When the Primary and Secondary Projectile has 0 Accuracy Percent:
Only the Primary Projectile is able to damage the enemy.
When the Primary and Secondary Projectile has 100 Accuracy Percent:
Only able to damage the target.
When the Primary Projectile has 0 and the Secondary Projectile has 50 Accuracy Percent:
Primary Projectile is able to damage the enemy, but the Secondary Projectile is all randomness. Note that some of the white smoke in the middle of the pack of spearmen, it proved the bullet hit them but they didn’t take any damage.
GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)
Organ Gun Testing.aoe2scenario (4.8 KB)