"Select all land military units" hotkeys are not working for over 60 units

Game Version:

• Build: 101.101.36202.0 4819260
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Yorok

Issue:

“Select all land military units” and “Select all visible land military units” hotkeys fail to select all appropriate units when there are over 60 of them. This makes it impossible for player to select all his land military units for giving orders with one keystroke and heavily decreases usefulness of these hotkeys. Having over 60 land military units is common for 200+ population limit games, so these hotkeys are often broken.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Place over 60 land military units in view in scenario editor
  2. Try both “Select all land military units” and “Select all visible land military units” hotkeys and observe, that both only select 60, instead of all land military units

ATTACHMENTS:

1 Like

Honestly, think before you post.

Its not a bug, its not possible to select more than 60 units at once. So of course you cant select more with the hotkey. The number even was increased with DE.

I thought carefully before posting and indeed I consider it a bug that these hotkeys are limited to 60. I know, that this bug is caused by unit selection limit being too low, but this does not make it any less of a bug.

Hotkey which is called “Select all land military units” should select all land military units, because this is what this hotkey is called. It doesn’t even work properly in standard 200 population limit games. It leaves some units unselected based on their location on map (southwest), like can be seen from screenshot. This doesn’t make much sense and screws player over, when his most needed/important units are southwest of other units. Is anyone happy with how these hotkeys currently work in DE?

Also unit selection limit was not increased in DE. It was 60 in HD (latest version before DE) and is 60 in DE. Why do you tell me to think before I post while you can’t even get your facts straight?

1 Like

again, its not a bug it cant select more than 60. Otherwise you can use the hotkey select all units on your screen. Its a bug forum and not discuss that selection limit is 60

And the limit in HD was 40, so thx but my facts are straight.

1. I have 61 land military units
  2. I press hotkey for selecting all land military units
  3. All land military units are not selected → bug

This hotkey does not do what it is supposed to do, at least not in all cases. It is often broken even in standard 200 population games. It should work properly in population limits supported by the game.

How much time did you spent playing HD and thinking before you posted?

0, luckily I only played the original before DE where it was 40

Limit was 40 in AoC not HD.

Cap is sadly 60, the information could be added that that is the maximum.

In another words it is working properly, it’s wording just is off.

1 Like

Yeah, they work until 60 land military units, but become partially non-functioning at higher amounts. Wondering how many people actually use these hotkeys, when you can’t rely on them even in 200 population limit games.