Select units

I have two small suggestions for selecting units:

1. Add a feature that allows to only select army, excluding villagers when dragging the selection and holding a hotkey. And the other way around: Only select villagers and exclude army when making a selection and holding a hotkey.
  2. Allow for bigger selections.
  1. I think it is solved with the control groups. If not then it is a good idea.
  2. Great idea

What I meant with 1. is to be able to make a selection by dragging your mouse, but excluding villagers if you hold a hotkey and the other way around.
With control groups you will have to make the selection first and then assign them to a group.

But you only have to make it once.

@Zsombro said:

Yes and no. Imagine you have a bunch or barrack or any other unit generation building and a gold mine in the middle. If you mine that gold, every time new unit pops out you have to carefully move them without taking the villy that mine the gold. And there are more exemple, like when you use villager to expend while fighting etc… it’s sad to send some of them suicide by mistake.

Also from what i know about the game, this kind of issue happen more often in DM as we build alot more of army building.

@kinzo said:

@Zsombro said:

Yes and no. Imagine you have a bunch or barrack or any other unit generation building and a gold mine in the middle. If you mine that gold, every time new unit pops out you have to carefully move them without taking the villy that mine the gold. And there are more exemple, like when you use villager to expend while fighting etc… it’s sad to send some of them suicide by mistake.

Also from what i know about the game, this kind of issue happen more often in DM as we build alot more of army building.

I only play DM so yea the example expained happens very often in DM games. In DM you’ll lose a lot of army in some games so it’s useless to group them.

There is an option in aoe 3 like that. I always used it.