September 2017 Submission Thread

You know the drill - show us your rendition of the final battle from Game of Thrones below! For more information and August’s winners, see this blog post.

Remember:

Your entry MUST include an image and must relate to an Age of Empires game (or an illustration having to do with one). You may also include a written portion explaining your entry that may be no more than 600 characters in length (not including spaces); if your entry includes non-English words, you must provide an accurate English translation of those words in your written portion.

Good luck!

Honestly, I find this month’s theme quite unfair because, not everyone watch GoT…

I have entered these contests last year, and I just found out they started again so I was super happy! But since I don’t know anything about Game of Thrones, I guess I have to wait another month :neutral:

Presumably, the final season will feature several battle scenes between the Night King’s army of undead and the alliance forged by Daenerys and Jon Snow.

i speculate that either Jon or Daenery will defend on front while other will flank and face Night King.

Night King’s Warcamp

Surroundings of Warcamp

South

West

East

Army of Undead[Yellow]

Army of Undead has alot of resources , in addition to that they have captured innocent villagers in surroundings who are forced to gather more resources for battle.

it is nearly imposible to beat the undead army in front

the only option left will be to flank from either west or east as there are few undead defenders and kill the Night King.

Defender[Purple]
Jon or daenery will set up a strong defence,While defender wont have alot of resources they have loyal villagers gathering it all.

against Undead army

Flanker[Red]
While one of them defends front from Army of undead other will flank and attempt to kill Night king

Here’s Minimap of the scenario i’ve created

I would like to thank Developer team for keeping up the aoe legacy after so many years.
i used to play this as a kid and last month when i bought my own laptop the first thing bought for it is Aoe2 HD.

@“Ahmad Ali Karim” @hhhbch Don’t worry if you haven’t seen it guys, you can totally just make up a random battle scene and it will probably be just as accurate as any other guess :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: Maybe include an army of the undead, other than that I think anything is fair game haha

I am, too, not familiar with the show. However, I have seen the TV ads and posters. So based on those, I think the last battle scene will look something like this. Sorry If I butcher your favorite TV show B)

Nice Uploads!

In my vision of the final battle, the deads fight against the lives in the south side of the wall.

Well, I tried it the difficult way. As you see the blue (u know who) is ready with his companions to defeat the Night (red). What he is not expecting after such a great battle (u can see the remains and the last horses leaving the battlefield), is that in the path behind the old King is his last resort… the Dragons lair…and its Housekeeper…

PS 1 (U asked the FINAL battle so I guess there will be just 2 standing…)
PS 2 Snow is missing because in this editor… there was no Snow (if u know what I mean :wink: )

@jennywaboom Oh okay ^^ But one question which I asked from the last contest and wasn’t answered, how are the rules interpreted (the 4 months cooldown)? Must I wait for 4 months first or must I wait for the 4 months term to end? Because if I must wait for 4 months, then I cannot join yet. If it’s the 4 months term then I can join already…

I’ve never watched GoT so I don’t know much about the final battle, but anyway, I think it will take place in AoE IV.

Here is my vision of one of these epic battles.

The combined armies of the North and Daenerys are meeting the NIght King’s Horde in the woods outside Winterfell to compensate their numerical disadvantage:
You have the left commanded by Jon

The center held by Thormund

And then a weak right flank held by the Targaryen light units

Do not be fooled, however. Jaime and Bronn are ready to command a chosen group of dothraki and Vale knights to hammer the army of the undead from behind.

The Unsullied and Greyworm will then make the final push on the center:

In the meantime Tyrion and the Queen are anxiously watching the battle from the uphill camp.

The dead are advancing! Will Jon hold his own?

Daenerys is risking her own life in an epic showdown between her and the Night king on their respective dragons!

In the heat of battle the golden band hired by Cersei Lannister has arrived. They will wait the end of the battle or come to the rescue of their fellow humans?

In my vision for the final battle in GoT, it will take place in the North. Jaime Lannister has deserted his sister and joins Jon Snow in the defense of Westeros from the Night King and his army of dead.

Unfortunately, with the swift destruction of ‘The Wall’, Jon Snow, Daenerys Targarian and their armies couldn’t reach Winterfell before the dead were upon the city. Arya and Sansa Stark managed to escape:

All life in the city has been wiped out, the only creature that remains is a white walker tasked with destroying the Weirwood tree that symbolizes Winterfell’s strength in the North, and resurrecting the remaining corpses. South of town city defenders tried to burn the bodies of fallen Northmen before they could be risen as wights, but they were quickly overrun and defeated. Note the ice that tells you were the white walkers and the Night King has touched the ground:

The armies of the living have retreated south to Moat Cailin, a strategic swampfort separating the North from the rest of Westeros. Here Daenerys and her army of unsullied are tasked with holding the army of the Night King back.

To the north the Night King and his army is approaching Moat Cailin. Using no special tactics and few siege weapons, he relies on strength of numbers and stealing the warriors of his enemies once they have fallen to lead him to victory. As several white walkers and thousands of troops have been sent to the east and the west to conquer the rest of the North, this is the only chance for the armies of the living to attain victory.

East of Moat Cailin, a hill fort resides in the mountains. It is from here Jon Snow, Jaime Lannister and Tormund Giantsbane will launch their surprise attack. With the aid from the Doth’raki and northmen, they will attack the Night Kings army from the rear while the siege of Moat Cailin is underway. The Doth’raki are of no use inside a castle during the siege anyway, they thrive on open fields as their wargrounds. The army have been given weaponry of dragonglass, and the goal is to take down the white walkers who control the wights, and ultimately take down the Night King in a swift one-ditch effort.

But to the east, an army looms unseen. Cersei Lannister and Euron Greyjoy have gathered the mercenary army of the Golden Company and transported them to Westeros. They reside in their base, waiting for the battle of Moat Cailin to weaken both armies. Once the battle is over, Cersei intends to pick up the pieces and destroy all that remains, the living or the dead. Equipped with valerian steel tipped arrows and swords, she is prepared to face whatever the aftermath of the battle of Moat Cailin throws at her.

I think that final battle, only one that matter living against the dead, will take place near The Wall on the demolished Eastwatch.
Army of the dead will consist mainly (what a surprise :slight_smile: ) of the dead humans and among them dead bears and giants as well. On the the hill above the army there are few white walkers commanding the army and of course the Night King riding now undead Viserion. On the far left top corner you may notice few crows spectating the coming event, Bran needs to see all after all.

Bellow the wall awaits the army of the Dany and Jo… I mean Aegon :slight_smile: Two mentioned riding dragonsand soldiers lined up : On the left and right flanks famed Dothraki cavalry, center left are mainly free folk and northeners with unsulied on their right.

Watching the battle from the sea there are ironborn ships with mercenaries waiting to finish whichever of the two armies comes victorious from the battle. Eurons flagship in the front

I do not know anything about Game of Thrones, but I thought I would enter anyway. The following is very tongue-in-cheek, and should not be taken as actually have anything to do with the show.

The amassed forces of Good, commanded by Our Hero, face the evil Undead army. The fighting is Fierce.

When the Undead army is once more Dead, only Our Hero and the enemy leader remain. It is then Revealed that the character who died way back at the beginning of the show and hasn’t been mentioned since actually Survived by hiding in the mountains.

She has summoned an army of furious Monkeys which now threaten Our Hero. Protesting that those are actually Apes, Our Hero responds by producing an army of flying Dogs.

I don’t know who will win, but it will be Epic.