Server Maintenance: September 10, 2021

UPDATE 16:50 PT: Maintenance is complete and service has been restored. Thanks for your patience!

UPDATE 16:00 PT: Maintenance is ongoing and will take longer than originally planned. New ETA will be available shortly.

The Age of Empires multiplayer service will undergo maintenance beginning today at 14:00 PT (2:00 PM PT; 21:00 UTC). Multiplayer lobbies, login, and matchmaking for Age DE, Age II DE, and Age III DE will be unavailable until approximately 16:00 PT (4:00 PM PT; 23:00 UTC). Watch this channel for updates!

3 Likes

Man, who is in charge of scheduling these maintenance windows? Why always during peak hours? This one wasn’t even announced properly. Not to mention a company who claims to have solid cloud solutions (Microsoft → Azure) is not able to patch a server without taking the service down? This is just ridiculous.

7 Likes

Server maintenance is kicking off now! Apologies for the disruption. Updates will be posted in the thread linked above.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be as much of a disruption, if it didn’t happen on a friday night during peak hours…

6 Likes

Dude, that’s what Mondays 3AM are for! And you guys have only one server for the whole world? Man, we have to teach Microsoft everything!

4 Likes

Will this maintenance finally fix the broken TG rating or will it still be bugged, like it was for already almost two years?

I suspect not, since the devs are already ignoring this issue since release of AoE II DE.

nice, Friday 23:00 CEST… wtf ???
i was working whole week and now when i sit to play i get Server Maintance ?
i guess i will just uninstall the game and wait for D2 resurrected

3 Likes

The timing is great,
since i have to type many characters to reply here ar esome characters

2 Likes

when does the maintenance will be over ?

Yall are too harsh. Yea, it’s frustrating the game is unavailable when you want to play. But reframe your thinking - you should be grateful this game got new lifeblood through DE and it gets regular updates and fixes now.

1 Like

I am really grateful for the best maintenance window possible. Nobody wants to play during prime time anyway, right?

5 Likes

its a global game, it’s always going to be 5pm somewhere

1 Like

But WHY Friday? Were their Server going to explode that they had to suddenly pull the plug to put out the smoke?

2 Likes

It would be much appreciated if you would keep us updated. What’s taking so long?

This was the absolute best time to do maintenance. Seriously Chuck Norris himself could not have picked a better time. And you guys have also gone above and beyond by extending the maintenance. Thank you so much for all that you do!!! I love how we have the most awesome dev team in the world.

2 Likes

“Watch this channel for updates!”
haha, that’s funny! Maintenance is taking way longer than predicted and we get 0 updates…
I’m sure you guys can see the times and days that you get least users online, and I’m sure that’s not Friday night! Monday, anytime in the world, would be better than Friday!

Here is an update from an user (as we get none from devs):
Servers seems to be back now!

There is a lock in game which keeps extending the maintenance time by 30 minutes every 30 minutes. Wow, that is so awesome. Such accurate information. It doesnt mislead anyone at all!

Lets do a feature article in Forbes on how the AOE 2 DE dev team has developed the most transparent and accurate communication exchange with its community.

1 Like

Server Maintenance COMPLETE! If you experience any NEW issues as a result of the maintenance, please post them to this thread. If you cannot connect, please reach out to our Support team so they can work with you to investigate! https://support.ageofempires.com

Enjoy your games!

5 Likes

Nice! you said ETA will be available shortly. and yet no eta was given, just left people waiting and just saying its done… 10/10
top tip: keep people in the loop

2 Likes