đź›  Server Maintenance - Tuesday, April 27 - I, II, III DE

WHAT: Server Maintenance (Multiplayer Servers)
WHEN: 2021-04-27T21:00:00Z
EST. DOWNTIME: 1-2 HOURS

GAMES & PLATFORMS:

OBJECTIVES:

• Routine server maintenance; no player-facing changes.

DETAILS:

This coming Tuesday, April 27th , the platform team will be taking the multiplayer servers down for regular maintenance. Please note:

• Ranked matchmaking will disabled exactly one hour before the maintenance window to prevent disruption to newly-formed matches.
  • Any matches still in progress at the start of the maintenance window will be disrupted when the servers are taken offline.
  • DURING THE MAINTENANCE WINDOW, YOU WILL STILL BE ABLE TO LAUNCH THE GAME, BUT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MATCHMAKE OR ACCESS ANY ONLINE FEATURES.

To prevent any interruptions, we recommend wrapping up any games at least 10 minutes before the maintenance window. The downtime is expected to last between 1 and 2 hours . You can watch this thread for any changes to the schedule as they arise, as well as the all-clear when the maintenance is complete.

Thank you for your patience!

4 Likes

= UPDATE! =

Maintenance is beginning now! We will update this thread with any details or schedule changes as they arise. Thank you for your patience during the downtime!

• Ranked matchmaking will disabled exactly one hour before the maintenance window to prevent disruption to newly-formed matches.

This didn’t seem to happen, as I was able to join a ranked game that I was just kicked from as the servers went down. No notification of the maintenance in the game client.

4 Likes

Nice disabling of the ranked matchmaking exactly one hour before the maintenance window guys!

4 Likes

Thank you for teaching us humility Microsoft.

2 Likes

Ranked matchmaking will disabled exactly one hour before the maintenance window to prevent disruption to newly-formed matches.

Didn’t happen. I just started a ranked game and got disconnected…

1 Like

I missed this notification and just got booted from a ranked game in progress. Does with player lose elo over this?

wow i love the heads up we got jk there was none and please dont break this game more thanks fix it and leave it alone

2 Likes

Give us ingame notifications, not here on a forum…

7 Likes

Type 11 if your company would let you shut down their infrastructure at 5pm on a tuesday :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you guys… Started a RANKED game which was disrupted 30 minutes in. One of my best games, looked forward to a win. Thank you guys.

2 Likes

There are Timezones.

3 Likes

I get that there are time zones but starting maintenance at 10pm UK time, which is prime gaming time, is absolutely outrageous.

1 Like

We are not happy, this is not acceptable, we will go play Minecraft in the meantime. I am with my friends Diego, Olga and JB (which is the nickname of Jean-Baptiste) and we hope for the best to play before noon. Have a good night, Alexandre

Hello Aoe2DE Team,
I like the overall Definitive Edition very much and I’m happy about how you made a remake of the fantastic original Aoe2 game. I was always very happy, that the Definitive Edition also supports the good old LAN modus and it was also a criteria for me to buy the Definitive Edition. Unfortunately the “Host Game” Menu (see screenshot), where a “LAN Server” can be selected, is not accessible during the Server Maintenance because the whole Multiplayer Button is disabled. Could you please change that so that the “Host Game” and “Join Game” Menus are accessible and I can play with my Brothers via LAN?

Best regards and thank you.

9 Likes

Come on guys, it’s 2021, Server downtime for maintenance should not be a thing anymore.
Also, a heads-up would have been nice.

3 Likes

Um, why shouldn’t it be a thing? Do you want the game servers to be crappy?

1 Like

No, the servers should be balanced. That means (now I present a very simplified scenario) if you take one server down for maintenance, the remaining servers should carry the load. One by one you update all servers.

1 Like

watch them stuff something up after they are done always happens with these muppets