🛠 Server Maintenance - Wednesday, August 16 - I, II, III DE, and IV

WHAT: Server Maintenance (Multiplayer Servers)

WHEN: 2023-08-16T21:00:00Z

EST. DOWNTIME: 1-2 HOURS

GAMES & PLATFORMS:

• Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Steam / Microsoft Store )
  • Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (Steam / Microsoft Store )
  • Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition (Steam / Microsoft Store )
  • Age of Empires IV (Steam / Microsoft Store )

OBJECTIVES:

• Routine server maintenance; no player-facing changes.

DETAILS:

This coming 2023-08-16T21:00:00Z , the platform team will be taking the multiplayer servers down for regular maintenance. Please note:

• Online matchmaking will be disabled exactly one hour before the maintenance window to prevent disruption to newly-formed matches.
  • Any matches still in progress at the start of the maintenance window will be disrupted when the servers are taken offline.
  • DURING THE MAINTENANCE WINDOW, YOU WILL STILL BE ABLE TO LAUNCH THE GAME, BUT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MATCHMAKE OR ACCESS ANY ONLINE FEATURES.

To prevent any interruptions, we recommend wrapping up any games at least 10 minutes before the maintenance window. The downtime is expected to last between 1 and 2 hours . You can watch this thread for any changes to the schedule as they arise, as well as the all-clear when the maintenance is complete.

Thank you for your patience!

2 Likes

A forewarning to everyone that the multiplayer services will be unavailable for around 1-2 hour starting in 1 hour (2pm PT/ 21:00 UTC) as they undergo routine maintenance. Please check the schedule above and plan ahead to prevent the down-time from disrupting your matches!

2 Likes

Server maintenance is kicking off now! Apologies for the disruption. Updates will be posted in the thread linked above.

1 Like

Again AOE people, the time you choose to so this updates is ridiculous. Please have some respect for your customers.

4 Likes

Hello there, just checking if I got it right, the maintenance got delayed and started 45m ago (00:00 UTC) and it will last 1-2 hours from that moment right? Approximately 02:00 UTC?

1 Like

how long until servers are up?

1 Like

Imagine to notify customers that the maintenance is delayed in the exact moment when they started it with delay…

There’s always someone who has to moan. They need to do maintenance, it’s a couple hours a week the same time every-time. They give you plenty of notice.

I’m in the UK this is prime playing time for me, it’s not for other people. Get over it, quit crying every time there’s maintenance and be happy you have a well maintained game. It could be a lot worse.

1 Like

was thinking the same , Ive not even had the game a week and i was well informed. U.K also

the times are not okay at all…

there will always be a timezone that will lose out also they have a life after work

It’s a great game with a great team behind it. People behind the scenes fought to revive this franchise and we should support them. There’s always someone who has to complain don’t let it put you off.

You don’t seem to understand you’re not the only Pierson in the world. For some this is happening at 4am and is perfect.

Anyone know when its gonna be back up on running? Its been 1.5hr and my fingers are bored.

1 Like

Normally when they say 1-2 hours it’s usually 2 hours. (Providing nothing goes wrong, but they’ll update us if that’s the case)

Well they are choosing to do it at high traffic times, how is that not going to upset players? if we are complaining its because we are the actual customer who uses their product so they should work around that.

1 Like

what if you’re on the north pole?

i’d ask google, this seems to be the place for newly made accounts to cry

1 Like