WHAT: Server Maintenance (Multiplayer Servers)
EST. DOWNTIME: 1-2 HOURS
GAMES & PLATFORMS:
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Steam / Microsoft Store)
- Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (Steam / Microsoft Store)
- Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition (Steam / Microsoft Store)
- Age of Empires IV (Steam / Microsoft Store)
- Routine server maintenance; no player-facing changes.
This coming Wednesday, February 23rd, the platform team will be taking the multiplayer servers down for regular maintenance. Please note:
- Online matchmaking will be disabled exactly one hour before the maintenance window to prevent disruption to newly-formed matches.
- Any matches still in progress at the start of the maintenance window will be disrupted when the servers are taken offline.
- DURING THE MAINTENANCE WINDOW, YOU WILL STILL BE ABLE TO LAUNCH THE GAME, BUT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MATCHMAKE OR ACCESS ANY ONLINE FEATURES.
To prevent any interruptions, we recommend wrapping up any games at least 10 minutes before the maintenance window. The downtime is expected to last between 1 and 2 hours. You can watch this thread for any changes to the schedule as they arise, as well as the all-clear when the maintenance is complete.
Thank you for your patience!
A reminder to everyone that the multiplayer services will be unavailable for around 1-2 hours starting in 1 hour as they undergo routine maintenance.
Is it possible that you dont restart the Servers in european Main gaming Sessions. 11 PM UTC e.g. , one hour later would be much better For us european.
Aoe ist the only Game who does this. And its really annoyning.
Server maintenance is starting NOW and should last 1-2 hours. We will keep you posted when maintenance is complete and the servers are back online!
What on earth!? Again, on a Wednesday at 10pm? This is such a bad time. It’s too early. Make it midnight or during the day when people are at work and school. Not when everyone has finished their day and has time to play…
Honestly… 22:00… what the hell! Doesn’t affect anyone in US… But UK, EU etc… we all screwed…
US here impacted…My group of friends and I don’t have “traditional” work schedules…it’s never just you lol
Well if you think about it. In US - its technically 14:00, so realistically, the percentage affected during ‘typical’ working and school hours is reduced significantly. They should just choose a time that disrupts Russia and China
Server Maintenance is COMPLETE! If you experience any NEW issues as a result of the maintenance, please let us know. If you cannot connect, please reach out to our Support team so they can work with you to investigate! https://support.ageofempires.com/
Enjoy your games!