Several bugs in one game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 20322
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

I’m joining the record of a game where I had 3 very annoying bugs happen. I was playing as blue.

1. Villagers go fetch resources too far, even resources you have never scouted…
    => 7:00: on top of my base, villagers walk very far away towards the top, finding some deer hunts in unscouted parts of the map. I want to control what my villagers do, they can’t just walk away randomly like that.

2. Attack-move is buggy.
    => 8:30: at my blockhouse, while red sieges down my 2nd blockhouse foundations with tomahawks, you can see my musketeers just stop moving and do absolutely nothing. Instead of starting to shoot, which is what I’d expect when using attack-move.

3. Units getting, as always, stuck in TP sockets…
    => 9:30: 2 villagers trying to hunt just get stuck in the TP socket bottom of my base. I had to delete them… Note how some more vils crossed through the socket, but didn’t get stuck.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

These bugs just happen randomly… Let’s say < 25% of the time.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

1. Just play any game and let your villagers do what they want. They’ll walk far away eventually, to grab some resources.
  2. I think this attack-move bug happens when trying to perform it while opponent’s units are slightly out of range.
  3. I don’t know how to reproduce the vils getting stuck in TP bug.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

1. Villagers not walking further than their LOS to fetch resources. Please.
  2. Units should move in range if needed, and then shoot.
  3. Well… Units walking around TP sockets, not inside.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

Bugs.age3Yrec (6.7 MB)

7 Likes

It seems that this last patch units getting stuck got a bit worse than before. I can vouch for the 3rd bug, see the video below. The video itself shows at least 3 bugs:

1. I shift click my explorer to build Trading Post and then walk back. It goes to trading post, doesn’t start building it and continues to the next action.
  2. I task explorer to build the TP again. Instead of getting to the nearest possible position to build it, explorer decides to walk around to the furthest side to start building.
  3. While walking around the explorer decides to walk through the socket potentially getting stuck.

This was played on the latest steam patch 20322.

I would also like to add that issues like these make the game “unplayable” in a competitive sense. My TP was delayed by 15 seconds which snowballs by pushing back my treasure pickup, ageup time, and first military presence time.

3 Likes