Several errors in the multiplayer lobby, this is 1 of 6 reported by me

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: v100.12.27330.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

The bug reporting system here is very limited, so to follow the rules of 1 bug per thread I separated it into parts. In this one I will talk about the regional filter of matches in the multiplayer lobby as seen in the image highlighted by the number 1 and color pink.

This filter has an error that randomly and intermittently changes itself to “THE NEAREST REGION” when by default it should remain in “All Regions” displayed.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 75% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Enter the multiplayer lobby, and when updating the list or updating it by itself the error happens intermittently and without apparent logic.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The filter by region should NEVER change against the player’s will.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

3 Likes

Hi Ahplaa, thanks for your reports. We’re already tracking this issue.

2 Likes

Hi Ippert,

what about changing this drow down menu into check list? For example I always look for West Europe, West UK and US East Coast servers. The others have too high latency.

This was one complaint i already had before and its REALLY frustrating.

Is it possible to select which defaults we want? (i dont really need to see the private games for example, and i dont want to constantly have to eliminate them from the filter).

1 Like

Yes, that is in fact already possible. You can enable it under game options; “Save filter settings”.
Only the region setting doesn’t respect it and keeps getting reset as reported here.

3 Likes