Sheep Buff vs scouts/eagles

For sheep, their ability to die to pretty much anything instantly aside from camel scouts thanks to them taking every single bonus attack damage under the sun, I believe they deserve an armor class unto themselves and give the bonus attack towards them only to villagers rather than scouts/eagles or any other unit in general and to remove the current weakness to all bonus damage under the sun.

This will, similar to the current camel scouts, reduce early laming potential of scouts/eagle scouts by removing their ability to one shot sheep.

This will also buff celt laming by a small portion since the opponent will no longer be able to just swoop in and snipe their own sheep easily mid-raid, rather it would turn into a scout battle for the sheep or other such battles.

I also suggest that deer be able to be attacked by scouting units in return if that is something needed to compensate this buff.

i dont care about the damage to sheep, but i think this is bad, as it will just lead to everyone laming the deer whenever they see them

4 Likes

this is how its done in aoe4, but maybe a little too hardy in 4. but agree with the idea sheep shouldnt be insta sniped

GL convincing anyone else

1 Like

You are joking right? this is the worst trade off ever, killing sheep is pretty fringe and often leads to the enemy scout dying to the TC, but killing deer would be super easy, which is the reason they don’t allow this in the first place

I don’t disagree with buffin sheep tho, especially against TC fire, it’s easy to kill your own sheep sometimes while trying to kill the enemy scout

4 Likes

This is honestly a non-issue in my opinion. Herdables don’t matter after dark age, you only have militia/scout (regular/eagle/camel) in dark age. You can protect your sheep by keeping them close to your tc, and that’s that.

2 Likes

I found it very funny how Mameluke went down more changes on armor class alone than some civs bonuses.

2 Likes

Sheep could just become stone defenses with 100/100 armour. (bonus damage vs stone defenses was the reason vills one-shot them). No need for a special armour class, after all everyone knows sheep are really made from stone :thinking:

But yeah I wouldn’t mind if sheep couldn’t be killed by non-vills or at least had more hp.

2 Likes

A villager will attempt to slay the sheep with as little pain and as quickly as possible, while other units would clumsily or skillfully hack away at it rather than caring for how the sheep ends.

Why not just give it 1000 monk armor, if the concern is the anti-monk units 1 shotting them.

1 Like