Shepherds target sheep that are not closest

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 44834
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

When a group of shepherds finish a sheep and go to the next one, they could ignore a sheep right beside them and go to one far outside the TC.

Notice that in the video below it happens 3 times.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to make the bug easier to occur:

1. Let a group of shepherds collect food from a sheep and DON’T shift queue or retask them
  2. Have two or more sheep nearby
  3. Let a sheep that’s not closest walk into the shepherds
  4. Notice that shepherds may not target the currently closest sheep next

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Shepherds always go for the closest sheep.

:arrow_forward: VIDEO

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

3 Likes

When we don’t get fixes, at least we have memes :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes, happens a lot and even with queuing sometimes. Very annoying bug. And they do the same with the trees, making a hole where you less expect it so they welcome the enemies riders. I feel like villagers are making the game a bit unpleasant to play. You need to keep supervising what they are doing through the whole game.

2 Likes

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.31440.0 #96976
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

When shepherds finish harvesting a sheep and they auto task to the next sheep they will ignore a closer sheep if it is moving.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Have shepherds harvesting a sheep with other sheep nearby. The testing I did was with the shepherds working in the center of the bottom quadrant of the TC with the other sheep just inside the range of the TC toward the South-East side.
  2. When the shepherds finish the sheep they are working on have a sheep moving closer to the TC just before the shepherds finish.
  3. If the closer sheep is moving when a particular villager is finished and contacts the center of the carcass (this appears to be the moment the auto task takes effect) it will ignore the moving sheep and target the next closest sheep.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The shepherds should have gone to the closest sheep regardless if it was moving or not.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

Notes: I haven’t specifically tested other herdables though I’m reasonably certain they also behave the same way.

The testing I’ve done used 8 villagers and a TC though I’m pretty sure I’ve seen more or fewer vills have the same bug.